New 50 watt Bogner 3534 ?? Discussion is open.

I've had mine now for a week. I borrowed the 35 watt version last year and didn't like it.
This amp has exactly what I wanted. The blue channel has more of that classic XTC tone and the red is like the 20th.
The boost on it is super useable and is tuned amazingly well.
The loop is dead quiet. I'm running an Eventide H90 in 4CM with it.

I love the footswitch size but hate the wiring setup. But, I've made it work as I hard wired the two ends into my pedal board with TRS locking jacks and then I plug a couple of TRS out from the board and into the amp. Basically an extension of the footswtich. All works perfectly.

Very, very happy with the tone from this amp. The bonus is at 30lbs and a smaller head shell, it is so easy to use in the smaller places and spaces we play and rehearse at. They really did their homework on the tone for this one.
That sounds awesome as I said above if they could have hit the green and red from the 20th and packaged it with the 101b blue channel that would be a home run
It sounds like they may have gotten close with this

This is relevant to my interest as well.

Currently, for most smaller gigs, I use my EVH 5150III 50W, where I brought down the gain on the red channel a lot with some tube rolling...but I feel it could use a bit more 'classic hard rock/thick, juicy, souped tone'.

And for me -in a band where the drummer *pounds* - 50/60W seems like the best compromise of sound and portability.

So, why would they still call it a 3534? Is it not a 5034 now? 🙄

I like how Sweetwater says "More On The Way" on a new product. As if they had some to begin with.. They have a lot of shady marketing practices.
I recall reading something like the 3534 was already closer to 50 watts than 35. I wonder if it's the same amp but just tweaked to push it t a full 50?

I recall reading something like the 3534 was already closer to 50 watts than 35. I wonder if it's the same amp but just tweaked to push it t a full 50?
that is correct 35 I believe was clean headroom but the actual output I think Bogner measured at 42 or something , so for the 50 is likely close to 60 , I suspect same transformer he has just upped the voltage in both the preamp and power amp which would result in more volume , less compression , and probably reduced the Red channel gain

Yeah Bogner stated the OG was around ~45W.

@gtr31 That makes a lot of sense. I wonder if a 3534 could be modded to a 50W version w/out a transformer swap.

Yeah Bogner stated the OG was around ~45W.

@gtr31 That makes a lot of sense. I wonder if a 3534 could be modded to a 50W version w/out a transformer swap.
probably yes , in the same way the the PRS MT15 could be , except likely a bit easier , the biggest thing is the transformer design . the screen resistors . if they can handle upping the voltage or they may need to be swapped out Mike I believe can make an SLO 30.into SLO 50 he has stated but he would lose some of that sag and feel that he digs in the 30

I've had mine now for a week. I borrowed the 35 watt version last year and didn't like it.
This amp has exactly what I wanted. The blue channel has more of that classic XTC tone and the red is like the 20th.
The boost on it is super useable and is tuned amazingly well.
The loop is dead quiet. I'm running an Eventide H90 in 4CM with it.

I love the footswitch size but hate the wiring setup. But, I've made it work as I hard wired the two ends into my pedal board with TRS locking jacks and then I plug a couple of TRS out from the board and into the amp. Basically an extension of the footswtich. All works perfectly.

Very, very happy with the tone from this amp. The bonus is at 30lbs and a smaller head shell, it is so easy to use in the smaller places and spaces we play and rehearse at. They really did their homework on the tone for this one.
@PBGas so are you still loving the amp
I think you mentioned you had a 20th 34 head how close is this
Does the blue channel have more gain on the 50 watt
Also do you find the red still crazy noisy or is it much better with. New voicing

@PBGas so are you still loving the amp
I think you mentioned you had a 20th 34 head how close is this
Does the blue channel have more gain on the 50 watt
Also do you find the red still crazy noisy or is it much better with. New voicing

Yes! Still loving the amp!
The blue channel does have a bit more gain than my 20th had without the boost on. With the boost on, it definitely has more punch and gain. The boost is really nicely tuned.
The Red channel is very solid and not noisy at all. The newer voicing makes it totally perfect.
Again, the boost control gives it a great tone as well.

Definitely excited to read more reviews of this new 50 watt Ecstasy. Never owned a Bogner before, but I've read so many threads over the years about people loving the feel of the Ecstasy amps along with that famous blue channel. After reading that SLO-30 thread, I think this amp, the SLO-30, and that new Black Cat Lynx are the amps that I most want to try.

Definitely excited to read more reviews of this new 50 watt Ecstasy. Never owned a Bogner before, but I've read so many threads over the years about people loving the feel of the Ecstasy amps along with that famous blue channel. After reading that SLO-30 thread, I think this amp, the SLO-30, and that new Black Cat Lynx are the amps that I most want to try.
Here is the first clip I have seen of it
Definitely a bit different than the prior version , the red channel gained max here is about 11 or noon on the old version
This one sounds a bit more open less compressed I dig it

Last edited:
Definitely a bit difficult than the prior version , the red channel gained max here is about 11 or noon on the old version

Sounds great

That recent clip is an excellent representation of the amp. As pointed out, note the gain controls. Hard to explain...there is more than enough there but just the right amount. Boost control is great and adds a nice thump to the channel when playing loud.
Still absolutely love mine! It is exactly what I wanted for a very long time. It's my only tube amp at this point as I run the Fractal stuff when I am playing live now.

Definitely a bit different than the prior version , the red channel gained max here is about 11 or noon on the old version

I like the red channel and clean is pretty good as well (I'm a bit biased, since I prefer even cleaner clean from Mesa Marks/Engl Invader and Diezel Dmoll), but I find the blue channel in this clip (with the gain maxed) a bit flubby to be honest. Red channel seems tighter.

I like the red channel and clean is pretty good as well (I'm a bit biased, since I prefer even cleaner clean from Mesa Marks/Engl Invader and Diezel Dmoll), but I find the blue channel in this clip (with the gain maxed) a bit flubby to be honest. Red channel seems tighter.
pro tip , don't ever max gain on an el34 Bogner , honestly if he had turned on the bright B1 and puller that gain back to 1 o'clock maybe turned on the boost it would have likely been better . the Red was stellar but even still 1 or 2 o'clock gain would have been plenty IMO

That recent clip is an excellent representation of the amp. As pointed out, note the gain controls. Hard to explain...there is more than enough there but just the right amount. Boost control is great and adds a nice thump to the channel when playing loud.
Still absolutely love mine! It is exactly what I wanted for a very long time. It's my only tube amp at this point as I run the Fractal stuff when I am playing live now.
I am a Fractal guy too and can get The model fairly close to that clip , honestly the only 3 amps that interest me know are this one ,a Ksr Orion or the REVV red

Red channel without the boost sounds fantastic to my ears.

Red channel without the boost sounds fantastic to my ears.
yea it definitely got chunk but great clarity to the ted channel sounds killer to me , the note separation even when he does those lead ascending runs is amazing , Bogner definitely has great ears , this so far to me sounds like he has taken a classic/ 20th / 101 and tried to blend the best parts, like took his fav pandora voicing and threw it into the 50

Back