New Atomica Video Guide and Demo

parntz145":7n84lal7 said:
drewiv":7n84lal7 said:
parntz145":7n84lal7 said:
I thought the front was supposed to have tolex? Did you special order the cloth front?
I'm pretty sure they're all grill cloth.
The one that was first pictured had a tolex front. I was just wondering if this is an option? I really like the tolex front.
Indeed, the proto featured at the amp show was a tolex front. I believe all production models are grill cloth.

parntz145":1gq23siq said:
Does anyone know if you can order it like the proto? I really like the tolex front.
I would ask that question directly to Brad. He's the only one that could possibly make that happen for you.

parntz145":15il7qkw said:
Does anyone know if you can order it like the proto? I really like the tolex front.
I am trying to get mine changed right now. I wasnt expecting the black cloth when I ordered mine in red. :no: I think the black cloth looks great on the black headshells. :rock:

i

i

Gearhog":1ne8awgd said:
I am trying to get mine changed right now. I wasnt expecting the black cloth when I ordered mine in red. :no: I think the black cloth looks great on the black headshells. :rock:

Yeah, I was expecting a tolex front as well when I ordered mine in white. No biggie for me either way. We'll see, making a panel for the front wouldn't be too difficult if I really feel the cloth isn't working for me.

I know what you guys mean...I was used to seeing the "proto" Atomica in the videos....but after seeing this amp in person, that CLOTH really looks good!! I thought the WHITE one in Mark's second video looks great as well!

Hey Guys,

They come with black mesh which I think looks great. If you "have" to have tolex fronts instead I can see if they can be made and what the added cost would be if any but that would delay your amp delivery several weeks as our cabinet guy builds things in runs. PM me if thats what you want.

SLOgriff":69q3mvad said:
I thought the WHITE one in Mark's second video looks great as well!

I agree. That seems to be the Cameron feel and I dig it. I think it will look better with the White Cameron cabinet too.

King Guitar":69q3mvad said:
Hey Guys,

They come with black mesh which I think looks great. If you "have" to have tolex fronts instead I can see if they can be made and what the added cost would be if any but that would delay your amp delivery several weeks as our cabinet guy builds things in runs. PM me if thats what you want.

Nope, cloth for me.

Can an A/B box be used to select between the high gain and low gain channels without any channel bleedover interference when either input is selected?

I know the amp is not a channel switcher but this might be of use to some people.

Amp sounds really good Brad, the Namm clips didn't do it justice but this clip sounds good.

I am pretty sure I have read somewhere that the low gain input bypasses a gain stage, which would make it that only one input at a time is available, just like a JCM800 with the high and low inputs.

Gearhog":1hg27no5 said:
I am pretty sure I have read somewhere that the low gain input bypasses a gain stage, which would make it that only one input at a time is available, just like a JCM800 with the high and low inputs.

I have to confirm this. THAT would be COOL!! Then you could just A/B switch between the two. I have to ask George.

Zachman":16lq2f3w said:
Gearhog":16lq2f3w said:

I have to confirm this. THAT would be COOL!! Then you could just A/B switch between the two. I have to ask George.

I know it is possible if the inputs are grounded correctly and each input taps into the circuit in a certain way. I built a High gain 2203 amp with an extra 4 gain stage that I switch between the 2203 channel and High gain channel with no problems, it works great using an A/B box. Just curious if it will work on the Atomica, I see no reason why it would not if the inputs are configured correctly.
:rock:

harddriver":30hclv7x said:
Zachman":30hclv7x said:
Gearhog":30hclv7x said:

I know it is possible if the inputs are grounded correctly and each input taps into the circuit in a certain way. I built a High gain 2203 amp with an extra 4 gain stage that I switch between the 2203 channel and High gain channel with no problems, it works great using an A/B box. Just curious if it will work on the Atomica, I see no reason why it would not if the inputs are configured correctly.

If what I have read is correct, the two inputs are in series with each other. Plugging into the low gain input breaks into the circuit, thus disabling the high gain input. In order to build your amp to function the way it does, :thumbsup: you would have needed to add an additional fourth preamp tube that the Atomica does not have, in order to have enough gain stages to have your inputs in parallel with each other. I would love to stand corrected, as I have an Atomica on the way, but I believe thats how it is, being that theres only three preamp tubes.

Yes I have an added 4th preamp tube in the build so I would say it probably is not possible on the Atomica if they have the inputs wired as you say. My inputs are completely divorced and independent of on another and it is nice being able to switch between the two as with a true two channel amp.

Don't think it has allready been said : is the atomica master jose one ? or is it the "normal" master after the tone stack?

Gearhog":1lrlw5cc said:
harddriver":1lrlw5cc said:
Zachman":1lrlw5cc said:
Gearhog":1lrlw5cc said:

If what I have read is correct, the two inputs are in series with each other. Plugging into the low gain input breaks into the circuit, thus disabling the high gain input. In order to build your amp to function the way it does, :thumbsup: you would have needed to add an additional fourth preamp tube that the Atomica does not have, in order to have enough gain stages to have your inputs in parallel with each other. I would love to stand corrected, as I have an Atomica on the way, but I believe thats how it is, being that theres only three preamp tubes.

Ah, thanks for the input. GOOD to know! Congrats on your new amp. :rock:

Back