New Mötley Crüe - Dogs of War

It sounds like really dated 90s Nu Metal, but sadly for some reason 90s stuff is still what passes as "modern" in the Rock world. What's crazy for me when these old bands make new music that totally sucks, is it's almost hard to believe they even wrote the music back when they were good. I'm not a DIE HARD MC fan, but how the fuck is this the same band?

yo that solo sucked ^

sounds like an over produced pile of turds the flies wouldn't sit on. The John5 sound and solo belongs far away from Crue. His tone is bla even with the multi thousand dollar mix. Seems his song writing isn't riff style, all that shit in the background....wtf? keyboards or synths? Just give us a simple riff just once, you know like the multi platinum crue is known for. MO of course, to all those that dig it, cheers

sounds like an over produced pile of turds the flies wouldn't sit on. The John5 sound and solo belongs far away from Crue. His tone is bla even with the multi thousand dollar mix. Seems his song writing isn't riff style, all that shit in the background....wtf? keyboards or synths? Just give us a simple riff just once, you know like the multi platinum crue is known for. MO of course, to all those that dig it, cheers
I hate most huge mixes now. It is like metal pop. I miss raw Too Fast For Love tones.

It sounds like really dated 90s Nu Metal, but sadly for some reason 90s stuff is still what passes as "modern" in the Rock world. What's crazy for me when these old bands make new music that totally sucks, is it's almost hard to believe they even wrote the music back when they were good. I'm not a DIE HARD MC fan, but how the fuck is this the same band?

This whole album/CD whatever is so Mick Mars the cuts just cut babababaam

That verse riff is just fucking awful. The song just doesn’t flow.

I much preferred Mick’s newest material :rock:

It's one thing to put this "song" on your album, but to release it as a single, are you kidding me??? Absolute crap
And to photoshop Vince's gut out like that :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :poop:

New song doesnt sound motley but with john5 being there and mick leaving i didnt expect it to sound like a typical motley song, i guess thats why i didnt hate it, i wasnt expecting them to recreate the 80s. We have plenty of 80s motley songs, i wanted something a little different, and its weird because mick also did something different but i didnt like it, i tried to be open minded but micks new stuff did nothing for me, my favorite motley is the first three albums, and after that i like a handful of songs from each album, and i didnt mind the 94 corabi album.
I will say, as a 10 yr old kid my life changed when i heard the shout at the devil album and all these years later i still listen to it alot.

Back