New Pick Incoming...

Cool! Yeah, definitely an interesting proposition. One thing in particular that stood out to me is a review elsewhere of an OHM picks Jazz III, stating that the bevels on the edge meant no excessive string wear, and that the player had used the pick for a year without noticing an increase in string wear. Because of that I asked Otto to defer to his preferred edge if the 420's actual edge would be too destructive to strings when made of Ti. It looks like he did, so it'll be interesting to see if I start buzzsawing through strings or not. Does your brass pick chew up strings? I have a friend whose strings take a thrashing from a different-brand metal pick.
I use nyxls. I have never worn through them with any pick. I try to cut them and slam those bitches. I will let you know if the titanium pick does.

I use nyxls. I have never worn through them with any pick. I try to cut them and slam those bitches. I will let you know if the titanium pick does.
Good to know, thanks. I use NYXL's as well. I don't know if my friend tried them yet. His issue is that windings on the wound strings actually start breaking and falling off.

Mine is 4.2mm. Though I think the flat bevel on the sides makes it look thicker.

Did you go for anything custom, or just a standard shape?
The one with lightning bolts is the shape, but i need the inverted crosses to please the dark Lord. I will bless it with the blood of a goat and an incantation when it comes in.

I will also report back on chirp or lack thereof. I actually enjoyed the chirp of torlon, so fingers crossed

Attachments

• received_376317015130866.jpeg
    received_376317015130866.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 17
I want to be interested in these, but I'm too heavy handed. I'd rather constantly replace picks than strings.
That's a fair point, however part of the reason I'm interested in these is that the review I read of them said that Otto bevels them in such a way that the reviewer saw no increase in string wear over the course of the year. So I'm hopeful that I'll have the same results.

Just got the bastard. It is perfect size. Very small and the crosses going all the way through keeps that thing steady.
The bevel is the smoothest i have had on any material, and flows over the string. Need to play with it more, but this is a bad bitch.

Attachments

• PXL_20240221_025039698.jpg
    PXL_20240221_025039698.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
Back