ODR2 on the way!!!

my first attempt at capturing the Carol Ann OD2r:

i've still got a lot to learn about dialing in the amp and what speakers i'll ultimately use with it, but i already love it, and it feels nice!

i'm thinking of doing another demo running the amp dry through:
greenback
gh30
v30
EV12L
tone tubby alnico
tone tubby ceramic

Now that is the demo I was looking for, the keeper of the scrolls rises from his achcives and stretches musing his articules that he maintains to bring the to the masses what we are all looking for.

Outstanding Pat, killer demo that should have been done to begin with.

mentoneman":2fvli9sd said:

i've still got a lot to learn about dialing in the amp and what speakers i'll ultimately use with it, but i already love it, and it feels nice!

greenback
gh30
v30
EV12L
tone tubby alnico
tone tubby ceramic

Sorry I've not been here in a little while, but firstly I'm happy you dig the OD2r and secondly, I dig your clips....so much so I've added the youtube in to the clips section of our own messageboard. Hope you don't mind.

Carol-AnnAmps":2dkhyzoh said:
mentoneman":2dkhyzoh said:

greenback
gh30
v30
EV12L
tone tubby alnico
tone tubby ceramic

Sorry I've not been here in a little while, but firstly I'm happy you dig the OD2r and secondly, I dig your clips....so much so I've added the youtube in to the clips section of our own messageboard. Hope you don't mind.

sweetness. i'm glad you feel i do justice to your toneful creation! i'm just starting to become intuitive with it...i'll get better results over time i'm sure.

this may sound odd, but i can tell you are a good player, who tests his products in a real world player way, by how you voiced the amp and it's tone controls.

That's the beauty of Alans amp design.....simplicity as designed by a gigging guitar player.
I am curious how the Pigtronix factored into the mix on the clips.
Really enjoyed them.
Rick

rick13":148rkksr said:
That's the beauty of Alans amp design.....simplicity as designed by a gigging guitar player.
I am curious how the Pigtronix factored into the mix on the clips.
Really enjoyed them.
Rick
it's the left wet side control on this w/d rig.
i insert the 16 ohm hotplate between the amp and dry cab so i can pull the line out of the hotplate over to the input of the echolution, then out to a tech 21 power engine to energize the wet delay signal.

the tech 2 is not a super toneful machine but it's light compact ss power with added tone controls and speaker in one convenient stop.

the delay is set longer at first with hi cut on the repeats and a slight modulation as well.

the robben ford stuff is a much shorter, brighter delay setting but you don't hear it as much as the first setting.

mentoneman":1t4ayu9n said:
this may sound odd, but i can tell you are a good player, who tests his products in a real world player way, by how you voiced the amp and it's tone controls.

Braddah cuz - did you know that Alan actually gigs each and every amp that comes out of his shop??? That's right - his kids all get a real world test before going to their new parents. No lie...

* velcro-fly *":1g82iv4p said:
mentoneman":1g82iv4p said:

Braddah cuz - did you know that Alan actually gigs each and every amp that comes out of his shop??? That's right - his kids all get a real world test before going to their new parents. No lie...
did not know that but I can tell by the frequency and range of the tone controls that he has designed his amps on the front lines..big easy knobs with effective predictable response.
mojaves have the same impact on me. The knobs actually adjust the frequencies I desire to control!

This is by far the best Carol-Ann amp demo to date. The guy is just a great player and I for one really enjoyed hearing what one of these sound like in a realistic setting.My effects are subtle, but are always on.Most enjoyable. Thank you. - Sir Douglas T

MAN!!! I cant say enough about this amp... I think it has just become my new obsession! Definatly cant kill this gas!

Back