Official WORDLE Thread.

giphy.gif

Yep, I’m at 99.9% now. 51 messages in 5 days, the tone, and an inability to leave anything on the table. The volume of posting is another interesting coincidence… or we have found Donnie’s doppleganger. God help us.

Last edited:
At Ultimate-Guitar you had to get mod permission to change your username and it would usually only be for a good cause. They also had a knack for catching alts almost on day 1, but that was before VPNs. Donnie will be back, I can guarantee it. He can't help himself and he likes getting caught. Or being on that fine line. It is like a serial killer that likes to watch the police's progress and may actually try to participate in finding the killer. :dunno:

But mental illness is nothing really to joke about.

So I'll just say this, if it is you, welcome back Donnie!

Not trolling just trying to make a joke. Lighten up FCS.
Thing is, it is not that funny. To me anyway. Maybe Monkey Man finds it entertaining of you but I don't. Hopefully you know me enough to know that I can joke around with the best of them. But Donnie (for example) and Alternate Accounts cause havoc and ultimately, more time from the Mods that they don't have. And don't forget, they are volunteering their time.

PS: Make sure you 'like' this post with your habitual laughing smiley face. So cute.

This whole thing reminds me of that thread on TGP from 2016 where the guy wanted user's to verify themselves - and the ensuing shitstorm that OP created.

:ROFLMAO:

"Hi guys, I've been a member here for some 7 years or so, and when I initially joined I assumed most/all members are either weekend warriors or semi/pro musicians.

Over the years I came to realize this is not the case, many don't play in bands, in fact quite a few can barely play. Interestingly enough, these members seem to voice strongest opinions about gear.
To add to confusion quite a few members seem to have agendas and promote certain boutique manufacturers. Almost everyone bashes big manufacturers who don't seem to practice this form of marketing.

In my area, with generally lower income, there is no one who has say 5 guitars but can't play, so it took me a while to understand that this is frequent occurrence elsewhere.

Now, the forums are free and I certainly don't mind anyone participating, however I find that I simply can't trust any posts without first digging up clips (if any) of the poster. If they have clips then I can see the skill level and music style which gives the much needed context for interpreting their posts.

Frankly, this has rendered the forum quite useless for me as far as discussion about gear goes, which is a bit sad given that gear is what this forum is about.

Now, what I feel would be a welcome change is if there was additional piece of information for each member to enter into their profile, which would specify something like: Bedroom/Weekend/Pro.
Furthermore, for anyone to select Weekend or Pro they would have to provide a Youtube/Soundcloud clip of their playing. This link should be available directly in each post bellow the avatar, where you currently see join date, number of posts and location.

So when you add Staff and Manufacturers, the available categories would be: Staff/Manufacturer/Bedroom/Weekend/Pro

Sadly, I am almost certain my suggestion won't be accepted. I think objectively you can't argue about it not being useful, but I have a feeling the collective ego will not approve.

Any thoughts on the matter are welcome."

IMHO that post is elitist.

One can be experienced in using, discussing and sharing advice about gear without being talented / having impressive clips to play.
One can be a fantastic judge of musicianship, songwriting and audio production without having ever released a commercial product.

We see a bit of this in our industry, but TBH I'm thankful that the phenomenon isn't overly-prevalent. Many peeps have the good sense to take advice on a case-by-case basis. Don't shoot the messenger 'n' all that.

We'll see, maybe I will grow to like being this Donnie character. Is he cool?
How could you ask such a question following the conversations you'd been having with the members and discussion you'd seen in this thread... unless you're pretending to not know.

Please explain.

Look I just think if I'm going to act more like this fellow, I need to know more about him. I don't want to disappoint anyone.
Like this is a show and you're the star?

"... if I'm going to act more like this fellow"
Are you serious? Why would you want to do that unless you have a high opinion of him (and annoy the board), which would be tricky since you don't know him.

You should be become a detective, detective turdstick we'll call you. 🍿 :LOL:
OK, so you are the star.

Way to go in your first days. This'll win you many friends.

Why don't you come out and say what you want to and stop pretending like you know something that I don't.
Fascinating attitude to take towards a mod as a new member.

From another thread:
Sometimes you got to try life completely sober to help make sense of certain things.
Uncanny. Requires no explanation.

Dude, it's all adding up; you're skating on thin ice. I'd tread carefully if I were you and dial back the gung-ho attitude.

You yourself talked about getting to know someone before going in with all guns blazing. Time to practice what you preach IMHO.

IMHO that post is elitist.

One can be experienced in using, discussing and sharing advice about gear without being talented / having impressive clips to play.
One can be a fantastic judge of musicianship, songwriting and audio production without having ever released a commercial product.

We see a bit of this in our industry, but TBH I'm thankful that the phenomenon isn't overly-prevalent. Many peeps have the good sense to take advice on a case-by-case basis. Don't shoot the messenger 'n' all that.
His post was hilarious, but the pages upon pages of indignant responses were the best part..

TGP at it's finest !

:rawk:

Had a dude over all day to collect firewood for him so have to be quick. Did both shifts yesterday ('til 7AM!) so figure I can have the day off.

Point being I popped in to see what the fallout was after my daring post #196 above. Turns out it looks like nobody's seen or noticed it. Don't know what I was nervous about... not. :LOL:

Anywho, the point of that post was to alert Jaundice yet again that if he's Donnie, I'm onto him. If he's not, more power to him and good luck in the forums bro'. :thumbsup:

Back