OK...What Amps Do You NEVER Regret Selling?

Derek was a cool guy. He loved those Engls. We used to talk on the phone a lot, but lost contact. Wonder what he is up to?

I still have my Rock Solid Amps t-shirt 🥳

Only thing I ever bought from him was an ENGL e530 (which was badass)

Vht pitbull 50st. Dry as toast. Should have been called the shit zu 50st. I will probably never buy a vht product ever because of that. I can’t do that super dry gain. I like my amp distortion like my women….wet, hairy and saggy…

I acquired an ENGL Powerball through Derek way back when. He was great to deal with, but I couldn't sell that amp fast enough.

Line 6 Spider II, because of obvious reasons. Had it for not even 24 hours and after a disappointing band practice I returned it to GC. But then again this was around 2006 when I was starting out with the band thing.

I think every other amp I've sold I have regret selling.

Do you guys know the phrase:
"try before you buy"
:p:ROFLMAO:
(Yeah i know, most of the stuff i don't like about an amp, will annoy me only after months, if not years)

I have never bought a amp without actually playing on the same model except twice. The Fryette Sig X and Mesa Mark IV. Only because I paid for them before they were released to the public.

Most of my amp flipping was twenty years ago. I was buying a amp every 2 or 3 weeks for a few years.

I never used the internet to decide what amp I want. Only from actually playing amps.

Mine is somewhere too, lol.

I bought an ENGL Fireball from him. He tried to talk me into getting a Blackmore but like an idiot, I didn't listen. I wish I would have got that amp.

The funny this is I bought from him while he was getting a haircut. We were literally doing the credit card transaction while someone was cutting his hair, lol.

Back