Pawn Shop Finds, Guitars & Gear!

Excellent discussions! love to see everyone finding deals! Lots of folks don't seem to want to look outside of Reverb/ebay, and sometimes you don't have to, but many times you can find some great stuff!

1973 Jose Ramirez 1A. ( worth 6k). 20.00. Oregon estate sale.
Soldano X88r. 400. Recycler Los Angeles
Fender AVRI 59 Sonic Blue. 700.00. GC online
Soldano SLO Rackmount. 900.00. L.A. Recycler
Bogner XTC 100B Serial # 001 (--/) with flight case 1850.00. L.A. Recycler

Occasional good deals to be had on local Craigslists too.
People complain about it a lot but I'v sold and bought so much stuff through there. Never really had a bad interaction, just the usual tire kickers. Met some great people through there. I have an older Guild listed up on there locally and have been offered some really cool, legit trades, just nothing that really lit any fires. But still, the guys making the offers are making solid ones.

Only once have i found anything good in my pawn shop searching, i bought a Esp james hetfield JH-1 for $1200 in 2007 and resold it 6 months later for triple what i paid, but i feel stupid today because you cant really buy one now unless you wanna spend 12k to 15k.
One of my worst guitar selling regrets along with selling my gibson custom shop jimmy page #2 which sells for 15-17k now.

I also bought a voodoo modded mesa dual rectifier for $700 but it didnt sound very good and a week later i sold it to gc.

I've gotten a couple of good vintage amp deals on CL too.
Bought two mid-60s Silvertones for next to nothing, and a mid-50s Magnatone for $250.
They're one-trick ponies of course, strictly special purpose amps. My blackface Fenders see a lot more use.
But they deliver authentic vintage small-amp tone when I want it.

1973 Jose Ramirez 1A. ( worth 6k). 20.00. Oregon estate sale.
Soldano X88r. 400. Recycler Los Angeles
Fender AVRI 59 Sonic Blue. 700.00. GC online
Soldano SLO Rackmount. 900.00. L.A. Recycler
Bogner XTC 100B Serial # 001 (--/) with flight case 1850.00. L.A. Recycler
Don't forget Duff McKagan's $1500 SLO I found you at Trade Up :sneaky:

I'll also mention the $850 Cameron 50 watt Marshall that we both passed on that Tim had that he couldn't figure out all the switches so he sold it to Hawaii guy haha

Don't forget Duff McKagan's $1500 SLO I found you at Trade Up :sneaky:

I'll also mention the $850 Cameron 50 watt Marshall that we both passed on that Tim had that he couldn't figure out all the switches so he sold it to Hawaii guy haha
That was a good deal on Duff's SLO...I forgot that one, although back then SLO'w were 1800.00 to 2200 so not quite he deal of the century at the time... IIRC I ended up buying that Cameron off Tim?? I also bought a Cameron modded 800 for 1400.00. It was actually mine that I sold for 2000.00 then bought back for 1400.00 a couple years later..... That amp caused a bit of a stir on here...Cameron did the mod for 350.00 and I had the amp back in less than 2 weeks.. meanwhile some others were waiting months or years. Thump( Chaps) snapped and the rest is history.. haha. I also bought Mark's personal 1976 JMP for 900.00 or 1000.00 along with a '87 Jackson Solist for 500.00. Ah yes, the good ole days..

Last edited:
Love the conversation fellas! It's a fun feeling going deal hunting, for anything! I saw the mention of firearms, we only have one pawn shop that has firearms out this way. Used to be GREAT, now they mostly sell new stuff, at higher prices than everyone else. Oddly this is where I found my Steinberger!

dude-how do you like the steinberger? I always wanted one.
Mine is the much scoffed at Music Yo Era Steinberger. Japanese body with USA Moses Graphite neck. Lots of folks talk about them as if they're poor quality compared to the Newburgh Steinbergers, but I have never even seen one of those, so I can't compare. That said, it's an absolutely fantastic guitar, very good build quality, as good as any other guitars that I own. Always in tune when I pick it up and that transposing tremolo is crazy! when you bend all the notes stay in tune, and you can change your tuning on the go. I wouldn't pass even one of these up if I found another solid deal!

miib wicker coli $400
lp deluxe cherry sunburst $500
mesa halfback 4x12 Cl90/EV in anvil case $300
rivera tbr-1 $300

got aways-
fender 82 us cream strat best i ever played shop wanted $250
luke valley arts strat $500

and my friend left a 60’s ac30, 70’s marshall 2x12 combo, a silver jubilee half stack, butterscotch us fender tele reissue, a taylor acoustic and a killer old gibson es-175 at my house for well over 2 years. he would have stored it there forever but i asked him to get his stuff so i could make room in my garage and the week he did he got robbed and everything was gone.

miib wicker coli $400
lp deluxe cherry sunburst $500
mesa halfback 4x12 Cl90/EV in anvil case $300
rivera tbr-1 $300

got aways-
fender 82 us cream strat best i ever played shop wanted $250
luke valley arts strat $500

and my friend left a 60’s ac30, 70’s marshall 2x12 combo, a silver jubilee half stack, butterscotch us fender tele reissue, a taylor acoustic and a killer old gibson es-175 at my house for well over 2 years. he would have stored it there forever but i asked him to get his stuff so i could make room in my garage and the week he did he got robbed and everything was gone.
Been wanting one of those Rivera "metal" versions ever since I heard Saigon Kick The Lizard!!!

Back