Schem for TC 0144 Foot Controller

vertigo

I recently acquired a 2290 with an 0144 controller and did not realize that the controller has a hardwired Euro plug and takes 220V.

It's clear that the transformer was soldered along with the components on the PCB in what was likely a wave solder, but the power leads as well as a jumper wire were done by hand after the fact. This has me wondering if the same transformer was used for both the Euro market and US with the difference being the input voltage and possibly the omission of the jumper. I can't find any info on the transformer (Tradania TD 3706) but the ID sticker makes it look like there are two 110V primaries and four 9V secondaries

If anyone has a schematic, it would be tremendously useful as I haven't been able to fine one and getting it from TC has been fruitless

I figured it out. If this information would be helpful to anyone, please let me know and I'm happy to share.

You can use a trs cable and the 2290 will power the foot controller. Thats how I ran mine while I used that rig.
Thanks. I was aware of that and the manual cautions to use it as a backup method. I got the controller along with the 2290 and don't need it so I will tweak it to take 110. After taking a closer look at the PCB putting my meter on the xformer, TC has made it really easy to make the change.

I figured it out. If this information would be helpful to anyone, please let me know and I'm happy to share.
Vertigo, I realize this thread is an older one, but I have a TC0144 thats wired up for 240, and I need information how to change it to 120V.
Could you help me out?

with all the requisite warnings...I'm not an engineer, do it only if you can safely use a soldering iron, make sure it's unplugged...

this is how I did it. The top drawing is as-wired for 220V. The two loops in the xformer are in series. The bottom drawing has the jumpers (shown in pink) repositioned so the xformer loops are in parallel.

1685478727415.png

with all the requisite warnings...I'm not an engineer, do it only if you can safely use a soldering iron, make sure it's unplugged...

this is how I did it. The top drawing is as-wired for 220V. The two loops in the xformer are in series. The bottom drawing has the jumpers (shown in pink) repositioned so the xformer loops are in parallel.

View attachment 211048
Thanks I will be safe and follow this diagram, thank you I really appreciate this.

View attachment 211048
Vertigo, I am finally getting around to doing this change, the jumper in the original circuit is a resistor, what did you do?
thanks

Vertigo, I am finally getting around to doing this change, the jumper in the original circuit is a resistor, what did you do?
thanks
mine wasn't a resistor. Just two jumpers. Can you post a photo? What's the value? Is it possible that it's a 0R resistor? Some manufacturers use them in place of wire jumpers if the boards are machine populated

Back