Still enjoying the Atomica!!!!

metalmaniac93

I just have to say that I am still enjoying the Cameron Atomica!!! This is one bad ass amp for sure!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: I can get many different tones out of this amp. Of course I rarely use the LG channel, but the HG stuff destroys especially on the mid-level clipping, which is where I spend most of my time. Cannot wait for the CCV!!!

The Atomica is a true american bad ass, and I am constantly coming across new tones combinations from it. :thumbsup:

OUTLAW1969":aj0e4ti4 said:
The Atomica is a true american bad ass, and I am constantly coming across new tones combinations from it. :thumbsup:

Me too!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: I can only imagine what the CCV is going to sound like when I get one.

What cabs/speakers are you using with your Atomica?

The Atomica does kick ass!! I gigged Friday night with it and it just cuts through the mix very well. The other guitar player uses a Marshall JCM800 2205 and the two amps compliment each other very well.

Love this amp!!!

plexipwrd":3r96u4v5 said:
The Atomica does kick ass!! I gigged Friday night with it and it just cuts through the mix very well. The other guitar player uses a Marshall JCM800 2205 and the two amps compliment each other very well.

Love this amp!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

How did Lynch get in this RR thread?

Yeah, I have heard many clips of that Atomica...

They range from excellent to awesome. One day I want to get that modded Marshall tone. Just don't know if it should be the Atomica or CCV or a used old Marshall with the Jose Mod.

You guys have 'em... What do ya think?

Heritage Softail":imqov5gm said:
How did Lynch get in this RR thread?

Yeah, I have heard many clips of that Atomica...

They range from excellent to awesome. One day I want to get that modded Marshall tone. Just don't know if it should be the Atomica or CCV or a used old Marshall with the Jose Mod.

You guys have 'em... What do ya think?

Randy and George are in the house!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Both the Atomica and CCV are great sounding amps and they are different, but some people prefer Mark's actual Marshall mods. I would not know since I have never played through one of his modded amps.

LOVING the Atomica too!!! Still a joy to jam through. MANY tones in this box for sure. :rock:

gmwvh2cameronatomica-1.jpg

The Cameron modded SLP I have is great too!!! I can get the tones in the SLP w/ the Atomica, but not vice versa. There is a heritage noticeable between the two, but I can easily justify having both and a CCV too. :) I am a gear pig, and PROUD! LOL

CameronSLP.jpg

jamminwithdacameron-1.jpg

NAD.jpg

I just took ownership of atomica#15. It is an awesome amp....very similar to the HG/LG slp i had. I also had a first run CCV and I think I like the atomica the most. The CCV has a bigger sonic footprint than the atomica and is more modern sounding...sort of a mesa and marshall mixed together. The atomica is strait up hot modded marshall....awesome through a marshall cab with scumback blackback m75's.

rokker":zr8rjm60 said:
I just took ownership of atomica#15. It is an awesome amp....very similar to the HG/LG slp i had. I also had a first run CCV and I think I like the atomica the most. The CCV has a bigger sonic footprint than the atomica and is more modern sounding...sort of a mesa and marshall mixed together. The atomica is strait up hot modded marshall....awesome through a marshall cab with scumback blackback m75's.

Congrats!!! It is one bad ass amp!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: The CCV is next in line whenever that happens!!!

metalmaniac93":u3z91fh7 said:
se7en":u3z91fh7 said:
Modded Atomica :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah I saw this, but no real reason to mod this amp except for a foot switchable loop and maybe a tube buffered loop.

It also had a clean channel added and Mercury Magnetics installed. That video is the clean channel, at least at the beginning it is. Can't remember is I switch over or not in that video.
Jerry

JerryP":2ldkaz1q said:
metalmaniac93":2ldkaz1q said:
se7en":2ldkaz1q said:

Yeah I saw this, but no real reason to mod this amp except for a foot switchable loop and maybe a tube buffered loop.

It also had a clean channel added and Mercury Magnetics installed. That video is the clean channel, at least at the beginning it is. Can't remember is I switch over or not in that video.
Jerry

Yeah, I clean channel would be nice, but would a Mercury Magnetic transformer really be needed? Why didn't the Atomica design include the MM like the CCV? I would get all of the mods done if needed since you do excellent work from what I have heard from the RT memebers and your clips are bad ass!!! Maybe in time, but the Atomica kicks ass so
far the way it is.

Hey metalmaniac...i wouldn't think it was a bad thing that the atomica does not have MM iron...the experts over on the metromforum use many different transformers. Some even say Mercury has a harder sound, which i think is evidnt in the CCV...it seems to be stiffer than the atomica to me...sure others may see it differently. Guess my point is that mercury iron does not mean better tone in all cases.

rokker":2s9rlj3o said:
Hey metalmaniac...i wouldn't think it was a bad thing that the atomica does not have MM iron...the experts over on the metromforum use many different transformers. Some even say Mercury has a harder sound, which i think is evidnt in the CCV...it seems to be stiffer than the atomica to me...sure others may see it differently. Guess my point is that mercury iron does not mean better tone in all cases.
This is true.^

metalmaniac93":w5qimjm7 said:
JerryP":w5qimjm7 said:
metalmaniac93":w5qimjm7 said:
se7en":w5qimjm7 said:

Jerry

Yeah, I clean channel would be nice, but would a Mercury Magnetic transformer really be needed? Why didn't the Atomica design include the MM like the CCV? I would get all of the mods done if needed since you do excellent work from what I have heard from the RT memebers and your clips are bad ass!!! Maybe in time, but the Atomica kicks ass so
far the way it is.
Mercury's are expensive so I am sure that plays a part. I never heard what kind of tyrannies actually comes in the atomica??

Just a question, really not trying to stir the pot in a bad way..

I have been a Mesa guy. Have a MKIIC with GEQ, simulclass running EL34 and 6L6. But recently got a DSL100. Looking at an Atomica, CCV, Friedman hot rod Marshall amp. Like the Marshall tone in the DSL, got it much better with all new glass.

It seems like a lot of times, that smokin crunch riff and searing gain lead in the modded Marshall shares a lot of ground with the MKIIC family.

You guys have these amps and more experience. Do both roads meet at the top? All 80's and 90's metal has a good helping of that pissed off grind. Wether it's old man Mick on Wild Side, to thrash, or AIC, a mix of Marshall and Mesa seems there.

So what's the deal....? Are the modded Marshalls getting closer to a MKIIC? Or are they a totally different beast?

Back