Suhr PT-100 Updates thread

Nico

Pete Thorn stated in a forum of Rig Talk that the new Suhr branded PT-100 will try to nail the plexi sound.

I wish that the amp still retains its great fender style clean channel, plus the high gain grind.

Now that would be an awesome amplifier.

I hope we could use this thread to post updates, news etc on the new amp...

Any one know something please chime in...

Nico":zaja2kd1 said:
Pete Thorn stated in a forum of Rig Talk that the new Suhr branded PT-100 will try to nail the plexi brown sound.
That isn't what he said at all.

He said "Working on this for the Suhr PT 100...." in reponse to a post that said:

"Maybe not what the OP had in mind but I've always wanted to find a high gain, metal head that had a channel or setting that nailed the stock plexi tone/response. Nothing's ever come close."

He didn't say anything about the plexi "brown sound". The post he referenced said "stock plexi tone/response".

Steve

ya i can't really talk about it much, we are looking at lots of cool options though. i do think it'd be rad to have a couple Marshall-esque voicings at your disposal- a mid to high gain idealized modded (brown-ish?) sound, that can cover rock to metal, and a plexi sound (more low to mid gain and open, woody and stringy). So ya. Working on that :) OK that's it! I'm sworn to secrecy. If I blab too much John and Ed will be like :gethim: :gethim: :doh: :doh:

petethorn":24n5l1ek said:
ya i can't really talk about it much, we are looking at lots of cool options though. i do think it'd be rad to have a couple Marshall-esque voicings at your disposal- a mid to high gain idealized modded (brown-ish?) sound, that can cover rock to metal, and a plexi sound (more low to mid gain and open, woody and stringy). So ya. Working on that :) OK that's it! I'm sworn to secrecy. If I blab too much John and Ed will be like :gethim: :gethim: :doh: :doh:

So when can we hope to see it on the market?

smdb":1twtsus7 said:
petethorn":1twtsus7 said:

Im predicting a debut at NAMM 2012, shipping summer 2012.

EWSEthan":5t94ryfp said:
smdb":5t94ryfp said:
petethorn":5t94ryfp said:

:no: That's a long wait!

smdb":1hlxb3hl said:
EWSEthan":1hlxb3hl said:
smdb":1hlxb3hl said:
petethorn":1hlxb3hl said:

2011 Should be January for a real proto

Suhr":20if6xkg said:
smdb":20if6xkg said:
EWSEthan":20if6xkg said:
smdb":20if6xkg said:
petethorn":20if6xkg said:

:thumbsup:

Suhr":1cja16j1 said:
smdb":1cja16j1 said:
EWSEthan":1cja16j1 said:
smdb":1cja16j1 said:
petethorn":1cja16j1 said:

I REALLY hope I dont like it that much more than my current one when Im out at NAMM in January!

EWSEthan":3e4ari2a said:
Suhr":3e4ari2a said:
smdb":3e4ari2a said:
EWSEthan":3e4ari2a said:
smdb":3e4ari2a said:
petethorn":3e4ari2a said:

I REALLY hope I dont like it that much more than my current one when Im out at NAMM in January!

It sounds like you are preparing yourself to like it more!

smdb":1k1q1b8u said:
EWSEthan":1k1q1b8u said:
Suhr":1k1q1b8u said:
EWSEthan":1k1q1b8u said:
petethorn":1k1q1b8u said:

It sounds like you are preparing yourself to like it more!

Its hard to say. Most of the rumored features like midi switching of bright and boost I really dont need so if the voicing is not drastically better (and Im not sure how it could be) than I will probably keep the CAA version I have now. It is such a killer. I really cant imagine anything sounding better. Seriously.

If only it was a little lighter or had a nicer handle that didnt hurt my hand so much. But Im ok with the weight. Big iron equals big tone. But the one thing I would highly recommend is for the new one to have the Badger style handle as that is a MUCH nicer, more comfortable handle than the CAA one. :)

So any news on this amp? Im thinking of getting a Marsha or CCV if this doesn't come through

We are working on it. But it's not going to happen until it's just right, with everything we want in place. I will say this- I want it to be the ultimate multi-channel amp for ROCK, as well as hard rock/metal players. All across the spectrum. I feel like there's great ones for metal guys but if you play rock, blues, or country, or just need alot of versatility, the options are not as many. i want it with killer Fendery, Voxy, Marshally, modded Marshally, and everywhere in between tones. So it's taking time.

Sorry for the wait, it'll be worth it!

turtlefingers":f872pq66 said:
petethorn":f872pq66 said:
We are working on it. But it's not going to happen until it's just right, with everything we want in place. I will say this- I want it to be the ultimate multi-channel amp for ROCK, as well as hard rock/metal players. All across the spectrum. I feel like there's great ones for metal guys but if you play rock, blues, or country, or just need alot of versatility, the options are not as many. i want it with killer Fendery, Voxy, Marshally, modded Marshally, and everywhere in between tones. So it's taking time.

Shi%$, I just got my PT-100 and I am loving it! Now I need to start to keep my coins again! :gethim:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

nah, i love the current one too! I'm taking it on tour again, this week! it's a great great amp.

petethorn":38gttryk said:
turtlefingers":38gttryk said:
petethorn":38gttryk said:

Shi%$, I just got my PT-100 and I am loving it! Now I need to start to keep my coins again! :gethim:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

nah, i love the current one too! I'm taking it on tour again, this week! it's a great great amp.

Hey Pete thanks for doing this! Have a great tour man.

petethorn":1aic8u1q said:

Sounds like the ultimate amp! I can tell you that I've already decided to wait for my next amp purchase until this amp comes out. Then I will compare it to the CCV and Marsha and chose the winner...

Back