Suhr PT-100 Updates thread

I'm going out to Suhr this week (thursday) to do some more testing on a prototype John is assembling now... That's all I have for ya! With the fellow from Guytron on board now, to help with the workload, that might make things speed up a bit, john's just a busy dude!

petethorn":1lq1wj7q said:
I'm going out to Suhr this week (thursday) to do some more testing on a prototype John is assembling now... That's all I have for ya! With the fellow from Guytron on board now, to help with the workload, that might make things speed up a bit, john's just a busy dude!

Excellent Pete, I hope it goes fast! I am anxious for that amp to say the least, and its #1 on my list even though I don't know how it will sound like. That is how much faith I have on it.

OK we made serious progress on this today- I think we've nailed down a spec for ch2 on this amp (or ch3 depending...) anyways, it sounds just killer, chunky and defined, warm, woody, cutting, tight and huge. John's making me a new 2 channel prototype next, a 50 watter . I'll keep ya posted.

At the risk of making everyone groan (sorry, I'm new here and don't know all the ins and outs of the PT-100 story) what, essentially, is (or will be) the difference between the existing CAA PT-100 and the Suhr PT-100? And a question for Pete Thorn (if he's browsing this forum), is the CAA PT-100 that I've seen him demo on Youtube a "standard" CAA PT-100 or a customised version that will be the basis of the Suhr PT-100? Confused? Yes I am! :)

Thanks to any who can shed light on these mysteries... :D

adew":jkecbvc4 said:
At the risk of making everyone groan (sorry, I'm new here and don't know all the ins and outs of the PT-100 story) what, essentially, is (or will be) the difference between the existing CAA PT-100 and the Suhr PT-100? And a question for Pete Thorn (if he's browsing this forum), is the CAA PT-100 that I've seen him demo on Youtube a "standard" CAA PT-100 or a customised version that will be the basis of the Suhr PT-100? Confused? Yes I am! :)

The PT you have seen on videos and all of the ones out there are the CAA PT-100 which is the same Pete uses on tour, no mods...

The Suhr PT-100 is yet to come out, and was announced at least a year ago... The features have not been made officially public, but its supposed to feature at least 3 channels, MIDI, etc. No release date stipulated...

adew":3nuif3fo said:
Thanks, Nico - great explanation! :)

You're welcome :thumbsup: , I sure do hope it comes out soon though although I might have conflicting interests since I have just ordered a Friedman amp.

Nico":2ubmqnyj said:
adew":2ubmqnyj said:

The PT you have seen on videos and all of the ones out there are the CAA PT-100 which is the same Pete uses on tour, no mods...

The Suhr PT-100 is yet to come out, and was announced at least a year ago... The features have not been made officially public, but its supposed to feature at least 3 channels, MIDI, etc. No release date stipulated...
According to Pete, JS is developing three different models of the new amp (20w, 50w, 100w). I'm pretty stoked to hear the 20w version.

Found this video of a "Suhr PT100 prototype" which may indicate some of the great tones we can expect to hear from the final product. Sounds absolutely killer!

Couldn't wait any longer and ordered a CAA PT100 Monday... :rock:

By the time the new one comes out I'll have some $$$ to try the new one... :yes:

Charles

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1446-1.jpg

This is my tubes up PT50. been playing on it since 2009. where are you guys :LOL: :LOL:

This is the PT50 Proto from 2008

Matt V

Back