Tempting Trade offered to me... What say you?

PhloridaMan

Recently I picked up a Mesa Roadster head, an amp I have wanted since they first came out. Just didn't have adult money like I do now back then and they became a little difficult to track down over the past few years.

I absolutely love this thing. It sounds (to me) dramatically different than my 6505+ and EVH 5150III Stealth the only grip I might have is that it's not as tight as I typically like amps and sounds a little rough to my ears with my 7 String, but that's also perfectly fine with me as I like to play all kinds of stuff and it does everything else I enjoy playing really well.

Now for the trade offer... My buddy has a really minty KSR Orthos II, another amp I have been curious about mostly because of the internet chatter about them, but have never heard. I am really intrigued by the idea, but first and foremost, I do not want another amp that does the 6505/5150III sound and I am really digging the mesa sound and would like to keep something in the collection that is mesa or at least in the realm of the mesa tone.

He and I have been trying to get our schedules to align and have me jam on it a bit but he's about 2hrs away and I am always out of town on the weekends with the race team I work with this time of year so it's been challenging. Figured I'd post up here and see if anyone could give me a general idea of what these amps are about or if it's something that would fit what I am looking for above.

Thanks Ya'll!🤘

Roadster and Road King are two of my all time Mesa fave. Extremely underrated amps. I would keep the Roadster. But that's just me.

Another vote for keeping the Roadster. I'd really like to try out any of the KSR amps, but no way in hell would I trade my Roadster for one.

Also, yes the Roadster isn't as tight as it could be. Boost it!

Sell for more? :ROFLMAO:
I would also guess it's going to be a bit tighter, though I don't have any experience with the roadster.
IMG_3078.jpeg

Definitely keep the Roadster. That amp has a ton of classic sounds in it that will never go out of style. Throw an 808 in front of it and stand back.

Agree with others, if you love the Mesa then keep it. I have a KSR Artemis and love it, but it is different than the Mesa. It’s aggressive but has a smooth rounded sound, closer to a SLO to me. Not that one is better or worse, worth it or not but you’d be losing something it sounds like you wanted for a long time that’s a sure thing.

Back