Terrorist Attack At The Crocus Concert Hall In Moscow

It's amazing how a few insults can throw a whole thread, a whole forum, a whole life into a damn mess. It can send someone into a tailspin, or depression, or suicide.

I knew this guy once, Lee. Rode the bus with him. He was little but much older, and a good wrestler. And a bully. I remember watching him slam this dudes head into the bus window over and over saying "squawk like a chicken". Nasty dude. Years later me and a homie of mine were shooting pool and there was Lee and one of his buddies. He asked us "do you want to shoot doubles". I say "you're Lee so and so". He says "yeah". I said "no offense but you were a real cocksucker on the bus". He says to me "man I am so sorry, I had so many problems and was such an asshole back then". I could hear the regret. A few months later he killed himself. If only I had approached him with a little more kindness "Hey, you're Lee so and so, you were a great wrestler in high school".

I regret having practiced insulting others and tearing and beating people down. Forgive me if I have ever done this to you.

It's amazing how a few insults can throw a whole thread, a whole forum, a whole life into a damn mess. It can send someone into a tailspin, or depression, or suicide.

I knew this guy once, Lee. Rode the bus with him. He was little but much older, and a good wrestler. And a bully. I remember watching him slam this dudes head into the bus window over and over saying "squawk like a chicken". Nasty dude. Years later me and a homie of mine were shooting pool and there was Lee and one of his buddies. He asked us "do you want to shoot doubles". I say "you're Lee so and so". He says "yeah". I said "no offense but you were a real cocksucker on the bus". He says to me "man I am so sorry, I had so many problems and was such an asshole back then". I could hear the regret. A few months later he killed himself. If only I had approached him with a little more kindness "Hey, you're Lee so and so, you were a great wrestler in high school".

I regret having practiced insulting others and tearing and beating people down. Forgive me if I have ever done this to you.
I think you might be taking on too much with that, but I understand. And I definitely don’t think anyone should get too worked up over a deteriorating debate on an internet forum.

I think you might be taking on too much with that, but I understand. And I definitely don’t think anyone should get too worked up over a devolving debate on an Internet forum.
I don't blame myself for it but reflecting back it was the wrong thing to do to throw a man's past sins back into his face. He was a cruel dude at the time, and probably carried all that with him as a deep regret. And then to realize people don't easily forget being wronged years after just trying to shoot a game of pool and chill. I know so many suicides from back home we used to say it was in the water. I know at least 5 people along my old bus route who took that way out. Some of the roughest most outgoing and sporting dudes who at the time I thought were unflappable were actually living in deep inner turmoil. I never realized that until later.

I don't blame myself for it but reflecting back it was the wrong thing to do to throw a man's past sins back into his face. He was a cruel dude at the time, and probably carried all that with him as a deep regret. And then to realize people don't easily forget being wronged years after just trying to shoot a game of pool and chill. I know so many suicides from back home we used to say it was in the water. I know at least 5 people along my old bus route who took that way out. Some of the roughest most outgoing and sporting dudes who at the time I thought were unflappable were actually living in deep inner turmoil. I never realized that until later.
I'm sorry to hear that. What do you think it was that was getting to those kids? I don't really think it's wrong to say what you did though, and sounds like he had matured. I wouldn't guess what you said really ate at him but rather the stuff that caused him to act like that in the first place, if he ever had a chance to recognize it. Like dogs, I don't think humans are naturally cruel or hyper aggressive. Maybe some are, who knows.

I'm sorry to hear that. What do you think it was that was getting to those kids? I don't really think it's wrong to say what you did though, and sounds like he had matured. I wouldn't guess what you said really ate at him but rather the stuff that caused him to act like that in the first place, if he ever had a chance to recognize it. Like dogs, I don't think humans are naturally cruel or hyper aggressive. Maybe some are, who knows.
It was a place of depression, drinking, drugs, insults, and fighting. Those were the pastimes and the only real things to do. Lack of financial and other opportunities. A reservation area. A logging town. Rough people. A tough place.

Kids would try to ride their skateboards and instead get ridden by the cops. We had a charity concert event to help build a skate park, then they started charging people and having nazis enforcing helmet rules and stupid stuff . I have more back in the day friends who are dead from OD and drunken accidents than I do living friends these days. I was really good friends in school with a couple of guys there and the fentanyl took both of them, among others.

C'mon though, it was maybe a little bit fun?
Of course. I used to take great pleasure in tearing people down or getting a fight going with insults online or in person, something to be ashamed of. I cultivated it because of what I mentioned above. Defensive reflex. I had banana clips topped off and locked and loaded before the fun even begun just so I could dig in. A hard habit for me to break. I might as well have insulted Christ to his face, it's essentially the same thing when viewed from the orthodox perspective. A discredit to my character.

I keep forgetting, this OT is the land of the
Flat earth society
Gravity isn't real
Moon landing didn't happen

So, it's no surprise you clowns (some of you anyway) think like you do.
:ROFLMAO: :hys::hys:

Have a great night VATNIKS!!! Drink some Vodka for me.

always, when I can find it though it's been difficult since the bans on Russian products. I found a store that has a great stockpile of it

Russian Standard.jpg

I got Pauly banned one night provoking him. Shouldn't have done that.
nah paulyc, racerxrated, etc., are good, and knowledgeable about gear, just misguided. the insults and ad-hominem attacks are just a distraction for those without substance, facts, truth and reality.

even if I disagree with some of the misinformed, uninformed, propagandized people here, I'd have a drink with them (Russian vodka of course).

nah paulyc, racerxrated, etc., are good, and knowledgeable about gear, just misguided. the insults and ad-hominem attacks are just a distraction for those without substance, facts, truth and reality.

even if I disagree with some of the misinformed, uninformed, propagandized people here, I'd have a drink with them (Russian vodka of course).
It was my bad cause I knowingly provoked him when he was in a mood, hoping he'd blow up and get in trouble. I know they ere good guys. Racer is probably one of the most gear knowledge heavy guys I've seen post. And Pauly is cool too. I think my days of shit talking are mostly over. It feels more like a chore. It's just easier to get insulted and not say anything back. Maybe i'm getting old or just need to eat more wild game or something to boost my testosterone, I dunno. It's a first for me.

Vodka is one thing I just ain't big on though our parish always has a handle of it sitting in the fridge.

Reactions: rsm

Great post, and I appreciate that it makes me feel lucky to have a forgiving nature. It might be called pussified or no balls by some but when I have an encounter with someone who has done me wrong, we start over. I’ll avoid them as much as possible but when it comes face to face, I forget the past if they seem to be sorry or at least want a good interaction.
When threads here turn to shit, name calling and insults, I just get out because intelligent conversation is done.
I hope you don’t continue to feel bad about shorty, it seems to be human to hold a grudge. I’m just lucky (or an idiot?) that I don’t have it in me.

Great post, and I appreciate that it makes me feel lucky to have a forgiving nature. It might be called pussified or no balls by some but when I have an encounter with someone who has done me wrong, we start over. I’ll avoid them as much as possible but when it comes face to face, I forget the past if they seem to be sorry or at least want a good interaction.
When threads here turn to shit, name calling and insults, I just get out because intelligent conversation is done.
I hope you don’t continue to feel bad about shorty, it seems to be human to hold a grudge. I’m just lucky (or an idiot?) that I don’t have it in me.
Thanks 84. I never was good at holding a grudge either. I wasn't trying to tear shorty down it was more matter of fact "this is how I remember you" and I was probably seeing if he was still his old self in which case back then I might've taken a pool cue to his head without another word. He had dished out so much abuse I don't think he was cognizant of how many people he'd roughed up. I think I caught him off guard with what I said and with his response he caught me off guard. We played a couple games of pool and it was chill.

I think it is a stronger person who doesn't hold grudges, can easily forgive, or refrain from returning fire over stuff. I'm slowly learning that but it's hard to undo my old habits. I try to pray for those I know who died by suicide and drugs because I have known so many who did. Will the Lord be merciful to those who through a bad decision to use became addicted and died or those people who in a moment of personal torment took their own lives? I like to think that his mercy extends that far, or that in their dying moments they were reconciled to him.

It was a place of depression, drinking, drugs, insults, and fighting. Those were the pastimes and the only real things to do. Lack of financial and other opportunities. A reservation area. A logging town. Rough people. A tough place.

Kids would try to ride their skateboards and instead get ridden by the cops. We had a charity concert event to help build a skate park, then they started charging people and having nazis enforcing helmet rules and stupid stuff . I have more back in the day friends who are dead from OD and drunken accidents than I do living friends these days. I was really good friends in school with a couple of guys there and the fentanyl took both of them, among others.

Of course. I used to take great pleasure in tearing people down or getting a fight going with insults online or in person, something to be ashamed of. I cultivated it because of what I mentioned above. Defensive reflex. I had banana clips topped off and locked and loaded before the fun even begun just so I could dig in. A hard habit for me to break. I might as well have insulted Christ to his face, it's essentially the same thing when viewed from the orthodox perspective. A discredit to my character.
Sorry to hear about that. Losing friends and family just sucks. I guess I'm curious because a lot of places in the world are poor and without opportunity, but they aren't necessarily depressed and dying like that. Perhaps they have the spiritual.

... I'm not suggesting you should aim to start flame wars, but I sure hope you go back to insulting people at least in response, because everyone does it here, no one should take it seriously, and you're actually funny instead of just annoying or crass.

Sorry to hear about that. Losing friends and family just sucks. I guess I'm curious because a lot of places in the world are poor and without opportunity, but they aren't necessarily depressed and dying like that. Perhaps they have the spiritual.

... I'm not suggesting you should aim to start flame wars, but I sure hope you go back to insulting people at least in response, because everyone does it here, no one should take it seriously, and you're actually funny instead of just annoying or crass.
Thanks acceptance. Some of the guys were good buddies but moved into the hard stuff and that didn't hold any interest to me so we kind of drifted apart. Some of them died young which is rough but seeing guys with families and kids seems even worse to me.

Anytime "everyone" is doing something, that has always been my signal to change things up. Contrarianism I guess. I quit playing Jimi because everyone with a strat started playing it. I quit playing blues rock because everyone with a strat was playing it. I quit playing strats because everyone playing blues and blues rock plays strats. If I hear another band covering the same off the beaten path tune as me I find other material. I like to blaze my own trails. I guess i'm weird like that.

So I guess you believe that it's ok for an Imperialist Russia to do whatever they want? Just because Russia is a 'sovereign nation' that it is fine when they bomb another country, on a made up bullshit premise, where the reality is Putin wants a 'do over' regarding the fall of the USSR?

I got news for all you American citizens on this forum.....if we don't continue to help Ukraine fight off Russia by arming them, war will come to us FAR FASTER than if we sit here and ignore it. It's only a matter of time. This current situation reminds me of what I learned about the years prior to Pearl Harbor. The attitude in the USA was 'stay out of it! Not our business!!' by a large percentage of people. Yet, what did that get us?
Attacked in 1941. History always repeats itself, and if we 'stay out of it' ie stop helping Ukraine then it is simply a matter of time before we are attacked.
This is what disgusts me about a portion of the Republiclown party...a small number of them want to derail the aid we give Ukraine. For the first time ever, a political party (or a small portion of) supports a murderous Russian dictator.
I understand the attitude of the VATNIKS on this forum, that's why they joined since they for the most part don't ever post SHIT about gear. But US citizens? All of you need to take a history class/Geopolitics so you can really understand what's going on, and what's at stake.
You don't want your kids fighting in Europe? Grandkids? Then suck it up buttercup and support arming Ukraine now.
Or else, I'm afraid you'll realize "I told you so" and it'll be far too late.
The only thing we have to worry about is a nuclear confrontation. All this could have been avoided if idiotic American politicians would have admitted Russia into nato when Putin asked. Now he thinks that the west wants the destruction of Russia and is hell bent on achieving that goal no matter what. Because of the geography and underdevelopment of Russian infrastructure Putin wants to plug the gaps to stop a possible invasion. So after Ukraine it will be Poland imo. That’s where the nukes come into play because Russia can’t defeat nato, much less a developed modern military that is trained exclusively in combined arms action. I actually think Poland can beat them conventionally. Putin will play the nuke card big time. Maybe even detonate some. Interesting times for sure. Not to late to repent you heathens…🔥

Back