The origins of Rigtalk?

petejt":svgghj85 said:
Sgtthump":svgghj85 said:
petejt":svgghj85 said:
I remember this being posted too:

sound-design-live-how-to-become-worst-live-sound-engineer-ever.jpg

That was a “meme” before they even existed! Ha ha.

Haha yep! It was actually made by one of the HC members. I cannot remember who. The "FAIL" thing was already around but did evolve from HCAF, with this one being an example.

I also remember some threads about a strange guy on YouTube demonstrating a Boss multi-effects unit through his Marshall stack, in his mother's living room complete with doilies. I think he was on a disability welfare payment or something. He'd make weird humming noises and say stuff like "like a twiggy of a fart!" but play really well. There were meme pictures made of him too, like adding "teh tonez" to a screenshot of him.

you are welcome
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCchgJs ... b-Q/videos

High probability he consumed human flesh before making a couple of these videos

Shanes singing lessons were 10/10 too

HC was the place to be...I don' think there has been a better forum full of knowledge,characters,lolz,trollololz and utrollilol

Its funny 90% of the CLASS ACT,STAND UP MANZ,WELL RESPECTED MEMBERS ended up being scammers.

I think that SteveVHT guy got called out for faking clips...he definitely got caught out in something

HC had the best smilies too....part of the reason that place was so awesome was the explosion of good music at the time.

Mailman1971":20if82eg said:
I think lot of guys jumped to Facebook.
Made their own little groups.
And just hover there.
I’ve been invited numerous times to these groups.
But I don’t do face book.
So I linger here. :LOL: :LOL:

Not sure if that is really it. Near as I can tell only about twenty people from Rig Talk are very active Facebook.
It's mostly talk about GI Joe and midgets.

Might be many took off because a lot of new people were not from the 80's shred era.

I had a few friends like Ann and Dan.

Mailman1971":osq92ets said:
And just hover there.

That may be where they ended up, but something happened here to trigger so many leaving at once. All I recall is some huffing and puffing regarding not liking the direction of where RT was going, then poof, they were gone. I don't recall any TGP type of censorship or severe moderation issues so I've honestly no clue as to the seeds of their discontent. Yeah well, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

thegame":jo5s5si9 said:
Mailman1971":jo5s5si9 said:
And just hover there.

That may be where they ended up, but something happened here to trigger so many leaving at once. All I recall is some huffing and puffing regarding not liking the direction of where RT was going, then poof, they were gone. I don't recall any TGP type of censorship or severe moderation issues so I've honestly no clue as to the seeds of their discontent. Yeah well, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Honestly have no idea. I think for many forums just got super old and boring. I can't speak for anyone else but I think the whole Cameron 2.0 thing turned some away.

This was my first forum and pretty much exclusive for a long time but now I am on like 4 regularly. I get a lot of time to be online and forum at work unfortunately so I spend the time geargazing.

I still consider this home but I have got to know and meet a lot of guys on guitargearforum.com (formerly guitarampboard). It is almost like a frat over there. Lots of guys very close, sending each other free gear all the time and just like a group of brothers. Really awesome over there.

I also dabble on SS.org and I have learned that UG off topic is a great place to let out my inner troll as the censorship in that subforum is non existent.

I read the Sneap Forum when I am in the mix mood but I think that place is exactly like Rig Talk. Used to be THE place to be but now it is completely dead. Rig Talk looks like a very popular and busy forum compared to that place these days.

Random thoughts of the day.

Wow, this is like a reunion, Hey Chris! Hey Bob!
How the heck do you find out what number you are as a member?
I joined on the 22 June 2006.

Edit: I figured it out…
I just clicked on ‘Members’, pretty simple…

I remember the Funny Online Fights Kage, Ralph and I had with Carl. Man we were a out of control. LOL Amazing how time flies been here 12 years already!

This place got infested with a bunch of douche bags that stirred up all kinds of shit hence the mass exodus

#123....first time back in about 4-5 years. Fun reading thru some of these old posts....Not even sure why I popped this open.... :confused: :doh:

SQUAREHEAD":1evz54s2 said:
Hey George, still rockin the Wizards?
Yep Keith, still have my Modern / Metal that Rick built for me...its been a good amp. Just got back into playing a few months ago... rusty!!

How bout you?

I got here late to Rig Talk but I will say this..out of 3-4 forums I am a member off Rig-Talk and all of the members here are the best,for real,I enjoy this place so much more than the others,I come here so I can OOH & AAAHH at all you guys gear ! Some of your setups as in pedal boards or guitars are amazing,and a lot of the videos I click on here are some of the best guitar playing I have ever heard for sure,this place has the best members and information period..
I got hurt in a car accident about 9 yers ago and haven't worked a lot since then,which sucks,but I can come here and go through the newest posts and dive back page after page for information and it helps pass my time so I don't freak out because I am not working ! I usually don't have much to offer/say but man you all are the best here for sure ! Ok enough of my ass kissing ! Cheers and keep it going you all.

Greazygeo":152qm28c said:
SQUAREHEAD":152qm28c said:
Yep Keith, still have my Modern / Metal that Rick built for me...its been a good amp. Just got back into playing a few months ago... rusty!!

How bout you?

Oh my goodness, George…
Rusty is my middle name…
I play worse than I did 10 years ago, but I’m having fun,

So many forgotten stories... I was only on HCAF for a year or two before this RT migration, but I do remember it being a fun spot. I think the only reason I didn't join RT on day one is because I was in FL for a few days visiting my older brother & celebrating my 21st birthday (June23). Not to knock the forum as it is now, but back in the early days this place was just as good as HCAF for me.

Lord Toneking":1r0140mf said:
I bought a Toyota 4x4 from a guy named Joel..aka Dr Tweedbucket. Turns out he was into some crazy guitar gear and we became pretty good friends. Id never seen or heard of such gear before! We live only 5 mins from each other but rarely talk anymore. Funny as hell dude that just has that quick wit humor. He actually came up with the name Lord Toneking and introduced me to the addiction of these message boards. Funny how a lot of people thought we were the same person lol. Can't believe how the years have flown by and I still have the same old Splawn Quickrod that I traded my Mark IV for back in 06 on HC

Oh...and I remember the Piping hot farts thread pretty well lol

Did you get that Mark IV from me? I know we did a deal or two, but have done so many on the boards, I can’t remember them all.

I spend more time at GAB than anywhere these days, but am not nearly as active as I was back in the day.

Never participated in any of the shitstorms, but usually found them amusing ;)

T

Damn, that was a long time ago. I came here in search of all things Diezel and ended up getting obsessed with this place, making some good friends who I actually hang out with in person and having a massive man-crush on Mailman. HA

Still don't own a Diezel. Oh, and James' amp-fests were legendary! Bob's alright too ;)

SQUAREHEAD":1libzk2l said:
Greazygeo":1libzk2l said:
SQUAREHEAD":1libzk2l said:

How bout you?

Oh my goodness, George…
Rusty is my middle name…
I play worse than I did 10 years ago, but I’m having fun,

Wow... old timers. Good to see these monikers posting again, even if just in the nostalgia thread.

Does anyone know how to find the video of the guy with the southern accent playing the Bogner Uberschall? I used to crack up

Back