The origins of Rigtalk?

danyeo":umjoejoo said:
Who remembers SteveVHT :

That dude had a huge gear collection way back but I don't ever remember hearing a clip from him.. Was he a stock broker or something, and what ever happened to him?

People bringing up some of this stuff is cracking me up. LOL! I have forgot about so many things over the years.

I agree that there was a period where there was a lot of trust. People were selling each other gear, putting clips up, etc. RT reminds me a lot of when HC was great but it is not as crazy obviously. Before things got really nuts

Mailman1971":t93cux5v said:
]
Sgtthump":t93cux5v said:
Bob Savage":t93cux5v said:
Stephen Sewall started the board but then lost it in a dance off with SgtThump and I. Stephen can’t dance.

I was nicknamed "Sugar Pop", because my ability to "pock and rock" was super fresh.
I concur. Chris had the moves down. This never unseen footage is first aired here and now.

Easy to make a mistake there. Here’s the actual archival footage from the 2nd round of the contest where victory was assured.

Hahahaha!!!! :LOL: :LOL:
Yes. Exactly. I was the guy in the far right.
Leather mask. High heel boots.
Donbarzini you can only see the top of his head.
Sorta bobbing motion. lol

* velcro-fly *":1ae25f71 said:
Sgtthump":1ae25f71 said:
Just remembered that someone called my workplace at the time and told them I was on HC all day. Luckily, i was a good worker and all ended well, but what an asshole thing to do. Never did find out if it was Dave Gerlach or Carl Fia.

Yep, I remember that and I'm pretty sure it was Carl...if not, that's ok too because we still get to blame it on Carl :LOL: :LOL:

Remember all the Vince Sansevere "Scamsevere" legendary shenanigans? including but not limited to the time he came on and posted that he was out on tour with Overkill and writing from Dave Linsk's personal laptop, only to have the real Dave Linsk join the board moments later and shoot that entire thing down ? :LOL: :LOL: Or the custom shop Jackson's he ordered while pretending to be in a band or a roadie for Mustaine ??? he got popped on explosives and firearms charges later on but there's still photos out there of him and his Hummer...good times.

So, I didn't know that this was a thing: https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Carl_Fiadino

FWIW, I thought his clips were pretty awesome, but threads always seemed to turn into a dumpster fire.

Also, SteveVHT; didn't he do a JVM group buy when they first hit the streets?

grooveHT":1cycpelg said:

that was here i believe. i remember people fearing small builders and amp modders would be out of business cause that amp was supposedly so good.

fretout":mwlij3jv said:
I may be in the minority, but I miss the old HCAF. It seemed like the vast majority of forumites from HCAF had the same sense of humor, and I REALLY miss the funny pics thread. That tread was one of the best threads on the web!

But, as with everything that’s fun, it came to an end. For every useful thread about music gear, there were two or three threads making fun of KSEFan, and the ever-growing thread containing pictures of overweight women that one of the members attempted to convince the rest of the board that “the girls weren’t fat, they just had huge tits”.

Ahhhhh...the good old days. I do miss how chaotic that board was, and how entertaining discussions were. Everything started to fall apart when the switched the board to a tapatalk setup and most forumites profiles were accidentally deleted (I was a victim sadly), and after that, it was a ghost town. It’s always great to see some of you guys’ names and avatars from back then (paging Pete)...

Ha, do you mean me perchance?

I migrated from Harmony Central when it melted down and deleted accounts in 2010. I kept the same username.

I bought my MarkIV from a poster on HCAF. His real name is Rob but I can't remember his username.

What I miss are the Xtranormal vids that were made! "Teh br00talz" etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLyGcxjZ_BY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1aSWS3qD1M

I cannot find the original 'Amp Forum' Xtranormal video but I think I have it downloaded somewhere...

RaceU4her":1p8v26gt said:
grooveHT":1p8v26gt said:

that was here i believe. i remember people fearing small builders and amp modders would be out of business cause that amp was supposedly so good.

You right!

In other news, has the hype machine ever been bang-on how any piece of gear is going to perform?

I remember this being posted too:

sound-design-live-how-to-become-worst-live-sound-engineer-ever.jpg

Sgtthump":flhsiweg said:
petejt":flhsiweg said:
I remember this being posted too:

sound-design-live-how-to-become-worst-live-sound-engineer-ever.jpg

That was a “meme” before they even existed! Ha ha.

Haha yep! It was actually made by one of the HC members. I cannot remember who. The "FAIL" thing was already around but did evolve from HCAF, with this one being an example.

I also remember some threads about a strange guy on YouTube demonstrating a Boss multi-effects unit through his Marshall stack, in his mother's living room complete with doilies. I think he was on a disability welfare payment or something. He'd make weird humming noises and say stuff like "like a twiggy of a fart!" but play really well. There were meme pictures made of him too, like adding "teh tonez" to a screenshot of him.

midnightlaundry":189ml12z said:
danyeo":189ml12z said:
Who remembers SteveVHT :

That dude had a huge gear collection way back but I don't ever remember hearing a clip from him.. Was he a stock broker or something, and what ever happened to him?

He was either a union electrician or plumber but those guys make some good jack. No clue what happened to him but he did have some epic rigs. There was one jam thread he participated in and he did have really good chops.

bigangryguitar":2e98ijpv said:
He was either a union electrician or plumber but those guys make some good jack. No clue what happened to him but he did have some epic rigs. There was one jam thread he participated in and he did have really good chops.

I thought he was a tile installer. Who knows...

Sgtthump":1w3elzgi said:
Just remembered that someone called my workplace at the time and told them I was on HC all day. Luckily, i was a good worker and all ended well, but what an asshole thing to do. Never did find out if it was Dave Gerlach or Carl Fia.

You and I had our fair share of arguments, but it was all stupid bullshit with no real life anger (as with every argument I’ve had on forums). For someone to take this stuff so seriously and call your work to try and get you fired is just mind boggling.

Hope all has been well.

psychodave":1rcfcc93 said:
Sgtthump":1rcfcc93 said:

You and I had our fair share of arguments, but it was all stupid bullshit with no real life anger (as with every argument I’ve had on forums). For someone to take this stuff so seriously and call your work to try and get you fired is just mind boggling.

Hope all has been well.

Hey Dave. Hope you are also dodoing no well. Yeah, sorry about being a douchebag. Lol

I was super mad when that happened, but lesson learned about sharing too much info!

Bob Savage":2uw3dmcg said:
bigangryguitar":2uw3dmcg said:

I thought he was a tile installer. Who knows...

Burp...

I bought a Toyota 4x4 from a guy named Joel..aka Dr Tweedbucket. Turns out he was into some crazy guitar gear and we became pretty good friends. Id never seen or heard of such gear before! We live only 5 mins from each other but rarely talk anymore. Funny as hell dude that just has that quick wit humor. He actually came up with the name Lord Toneking and introduced me to the addiction of these message boards. Funny how a lot of people thought we were the same person lol. Can't believe how the years have flown by and I still have the same old Splawn Quickrod that I traded my Mark IV for back in 06 on HC

Oh...and I remember the Piping hot farts thread pretty well lol

Back