What a classic song that has a superior live version ?

In my opinion, this is better than the album version, and I love the original track.

But, this is just so raw with much more energy …

I’d love to get my hands on the complete show from Oakland ‘81 … But sadly, that will never ever happen.

Last edited:
I thought about AC/DC for a second but I actually dig all their studio albums w/Bon sonically and don’t feel they lack anything. Sure, the live is great but so are the studio recordings.
I dig those albums too no doubt but I think the first album that sounded really good production wise was Powerage and even then I think R&R Daminaton and especially Riff Riff come across more powerful on the live album . The stuff from LTBR and High Voltage is miles better in every way than the studio versions IMO . Bons vocals sound way stronger , there's not much for background vocals but even those are much improved. Bons new lyrics to The Jack are classic . Compare the live versions of High Voltage and Rocker just to name a few to the studio versions , huge improvement on the live Blood album . I could go on lol , one thing I'll give to the studio version is Angus' outro solo on Whole Lotta Rosie , that's rips

In my opinion, this is better than the album version, and I love the original track.

But, this is just so raw with much more energy …

I’d love to get my hands on the complete show from Oakland ‘82 … But sadly, that will never ever happen.

You want Oakland `81 😉 I was fortunate to be in that audience on June 12th and it was a concert I will never forget , my fave out of the hundreds I`ve seen over the last 45 yrs.

rQWRHvdl.jpg

I dig those albums too no doubt but I think the first album that sounded really good production wise was Powerage and even then I think R&R Daminaton and especially Riff Riff come across more powerful on the live album . The stuff from LTBR and High Voltage is miles better in every way than the studio versions IMO . Bons vocals sound way stronger , there's not much for background vocals but even those are much improved. Bons new lyrics to The Jack are classic . Compare the live versions of High Voltage and Rocker just to name a few to the studio versions , huge improvement on the live Blood album . I could go on lol , one thing I'll give to the studio version is Angus' outro solo on Whole Lotta Rosie , that's rips
I actually love the sound of LTBR. It’s my favorite album by them. Raw, big and nasty. Live versions are great but just different to me, not better.

You want Oakland `81 😉 I was fortunate to be in that audience on June 12th and it was a concert I will never forget , my fave out of the hundreds I`ve seen over the last 45 yrs.

rQWRHvdl.jpg

Nice!

You were there ‘the night’ 👍

This was the best I could do, not June 12th, Oakland, but still my favorite concert of my life, and my first ever.

IMG_3737.jpeg

I actually love the sound of LTBR. It’s my favorite album by them. Raw, big and nasty. Live versions are great but just different to me, not better.
Three of the best deep cuts on LTBR with Go Down , Dog Eat Dog and Overdose . The version of Dog Eat Dog that wasn’t included on If You Want Blood is killer

Green Grass & High Tides.
Triumph- every song on this thunder seven tour. In particular this show.
20240420_000504.jpg
Los Angeles 1985.jpg

Every song on Kiss "Alive 1" is better than the studio versions. I feel the same way about every song on "Foghat Live" as well.

Back