What speakers do you like with your Diezel?

JustinCorrigible

I know there's going to be K100, V30 (I've got the former and a H75 which I like)... but are there any other speakers you all find work well with your Diezel? I bought a couple WGS, an ET65 and Retro 30 to mix and go easy on my wallet, and to my surprise I think I like them quite a lot. I originally got them to replace my Eminence speakers (Swamp Thang and Man O War with which I just can't jibe). Originally was planning on only using them in a 2x12 with my Synergy setup, but today decided to plug the VHX in... very pleased.

I absolutely LOVE the front loaded Diezel with G-12's. I use it also with a Mesa traditional with V30's.

The G12 cab is the tightest and a bit in your face. The Mesa has a lot of low end I find. I think they are voiced for Mesa's in general but work well with Diezel's.

I've tried tons with the VH4 , Herbert and Schmidt.

The best for me...
Diezel FL cab with 2 old and 2 new G12-65's
Mesa Traditional V30 from 2000
Marshall 1960A with early vented G12-75's
Mesa Thiele with EV 12L

All are great and different.. if you wanted to try something away from normal, try the hertitage 65's

If I could have only one , the FL Diezel , but really all are killer.

Got the Fane in on Thursday but didn’t have time to open it as I was doing a lot of driving this weekend. Opened it yesterday.

IMG_8637.jpeg
IMG_8638.jpeg

Damage was negligible for half off. It being 16 ohm complicates things for my current setup (everything else is 8 ohm) but I’ll remedy that soon.

I feel like I should give V30's another shot since everyone is saying how much they love them (even though I had a cab with them for years). When I had them with my 5150 they just seemed to be a little too loose in the low end, but that could have been the amp itself. I'm always trying to find a balance between Dry and Warm. I like my tones dryer than the Sahara at a high noon, and I like my tones warm, thick, and juicy. Sometimes the sounds come together in my head, till I realize they kind of contradict each other.

Definitely need to upgrade this Kustom I've been playing out of. Thought about Greenbacks. Also thought about those Celestion Alnico Creambacks Reza plays out of. People either swear by them or absolutely hate them.

My favorites are in no particular order:

1.) Diezel 4x12 frontloaded with Celestion G12-65 Heritage
2.) Diezel 4x12 frontloaded with Celestion Vintage 30 from 1996
3.) Diezel 4x12 rearloaded with Tone Tubby Ceramic 40/40

Number 3 works best with the older Diezel amps (Herbert Mk1, Einstein and VH4) while I prefer number 1 and 2 with more recent Diezel amps (Hagen, Herbert Mk3, D-Moll, VHX).

My favorites are in no particular order:

1.) Diezel 4x12 frontloaded with Celestion G12-65 Heritage
2.) Diezel 4x12 frontloaded with Celestion Vintage 30 from 1996
3.) Diezel 4x12 rearloaded with Tone Tubby Ceramic 40/40

Number 3 works best with the older Diezel amps (Herbert Mk1, Einstein and VH4) while I prefer number 1 and 2 with more recent Diezel amps (Hagen, Herbert Mk3, D-Moll, VHX).
Do you find a really noticeable difference between Herbert Mk I and Mk 3?

Back