Who the hell is Grace Bowels...or Bowers???

Signature stuff is kinda meaningless atp. Anyone from your neighbours' dog from that nice lady at gas station can get one nowdays.
playing doesn’t factor in as much as it used to. Subs, views and clicks rule the day. There are players that have signature models that aren’t very good. But, they have a massive amount of subs.

She says she did session work for it.. I'm sure if you looked like her and were as famous you'd get some guitars.. she's obviously got "Star" quality if people are treating her so well.
Session work was showing up and jamming some covers. That’s what she did. But, Gibson clearly expects her to sell some guitars. I doubt they give all their artists a bunch of Murphy Labs guitars. I would venture that many just get a discount.

First of all, I have been hearing for the past 20 years that Gibson QC is plummeting... lol! The 2023 Les Paul Jr that I picked up last year is a stellar guitar. In fact, all of the recent Gibsons that I have played have both played and sounded great. I think they are putting out some of their best guitars in quite a long time. A new Les Paul Standard will set you back $2999. For reference a new PRS Custom 24 costs $4500. While I don't relish spending $3k on a guitar, their pricing is not that bad when comparing it to their pears.

The industry trend for the past five years has been sig models or special edition models for internet influencers. Nothing new there... As far as Gibson giving her guitars... That's her word. May or may not be true... who knows and honestly, who care? We are a niche forum that complains about the industry. Companies are trying to reach new players. If some girl hacking through a Poison song online inspires other young girls to go buy Gibson guitars, then their marketing worked. You were not their target audience.
I wish I had the same experience.

playing doesn’t factor in as much as it used to. Subs, views and clicks rule the day. There are players that have signature models that aren’t very good. But, they have a massive amount of subs.
This.

Seems to have nothing to do with actual talent. :dunno:

Reactions: rsm
I don't think they make great guitars. I know they do.
michael-jordan-warped-laughing.gif

yes sisters. they're all right IMO, not bad, not great, but doing their own music their way

I saw them at Rockville in ‘21, one of the few side stage bands I went to check out because you could hear something interesting coming from that direction. I dug their set. They still had a little bit of ‘gettin’ our show legs on’ but had a lot of promise. They were at least actually performing everything I heard through the PA, which I couldn’t say for all the bands that weekend.

Back