Whole Lotta Cami's

steve_k

Atomica

Aldrich

Jose

One more Jose hiding somewhere. Changed the oil, kicked the tires, charged the batteries. Marshall goodness right here....

IMG_2301_zpse7d30dd3.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: I thought you bought the Camo Cameron on ebay when I looked at the thread!

I'm saving my pennies for the next thing you put in the classifieds. Whatever it is, I'm all over it!

Aristocat":19xfd2f8 said:
Damn those look incredible man!

For the hell of it, have you ever run all three together?

No. Haven't ran them together. That Atomica though, is not high gain, but more of a cranked Plexi with the external channel jumping and a master. It can be blended with about anything high gain for a cutting A/B tone. Jose's got their own thing going on and don't play well with others :D . The Aldrich is one of Mark's very early ones and it just rips new assholes all by itself at any gain setting :uzi: .

21_guitars":gijx41j0 said:
:LOL: :LOL: I thought you bought the Camo Cameron on ebay when I looked at the thread!

I'm saving my pennies for the next thing you put in the classifieds. Whatever it is, I'm all over it!

No, it wasn't me. PM me your wish list... :D

steve_k":1peinljp said:
Aristocat":1peinljp said:
Damn those look incredible man!

For the hell of it, have you ever run all three together?

No. Haven't ran them together. That Atomica though, is not high gain, but more of a cranked Plexi with the external channel jumping and a master. It can be blended with about anything high gain for a cutting A/B tone. Jose's got their own thing going on and don't play well with others :D . The Aldrich is one of Mark's very early ones and it just rips new assholes all by itself at any gain setting :uzi: .

I was thinking that the Atomica was more of a Plexi based circuit based on the channel jumping.

I bet the other two are murder in a room :LOL: :LOL:

Not much talk about Mark Cameron's amps anymore. They are not very easy to sell either. :confused: Mine are killer and have stayed longer than anything else.

glip22":23q0smw0 said:
Not much talk about Mark Cameron's amps anymore. They are not very easy to sell either. :confused: Mine are killer and have stayed longer than anything else.

Yeah, that Aldrich mod has far outlived any other amp in my stash. It was like starting up an old tractor - spit, sputtered, crackled and finally cleaned its act up.... :D I guess when the cans sit drained for that long, it needs a slow start. I should get a variac to bring them up on.

steve_k":1j7idn99 said:
glip22":1j7idn99 said:

Yeah, that Aldrich mod has far outlived any other amp in my stash. It was like starting up an old tractor - spit, sputtered, crackled and finally cleaned its act up.... :D I guess when the cans sit drained for that long, it needs a slow start. I should get a variac to bring them up on.
Yeah, But you didn't sell it says allot. I would be too worried I would miss it.

When the Cameron amp thing gets going I think these amps will return to their former glory. :D :D

If you got a good one you don't sell it. If I had the spare jing I'd buy every under 2k Cameron I could get my hands on, they won't stay cheap for ever.

glip22":3856jpcg said:
steve_k":3856jpcg said:
glip22":3856jpcg said:

Yeah, But you didn't sell it says allot. I would be too worried I would miss it.

The Atomica (has nothing to do with the production Atomica). It is just a very ballsy Plexi circuit. No clip circuits and has a master that won't saturate or compress the amp at all. Don't know how Mark does that. Jumping the inputs you can use both the bass and trebles as gains as on an original Plexi, to dial in the bottom and top end. Just a very cool amp and unique. That Aldrich is not going anywhere. It has been used and abused, long before I got it. Still roars like a jet engine though. When I think Marshall tone - its these two amps that do it for me.

What are you plugged into these days, Gary?

steve_k":3m3x7oif said:
glip22":3m3x7oif said:
steve_k":3m3x7oif said:
glip22":3m3x7oif said:

The Atomica (has nothing to do with the production Atomica). It is just a very ballsy Plexi circuit. No clip circuits and has a master that won't saturate or compress the amp at all. Don't know how Mark does that. Jumping the inputs you can use both the bass and trebles as gains as on an original Plexi, to dial in the bottom and top end. Just a very cool amp and unique. That Aldrich is not going anywhere. It has been used and abused, long before I got it. Still roars like a jet engine though. When I think Marshall tone - its these two amps that do it for me.

The same two Cameron mods I have had for a few Steve. :thumbsup: Your Atomica is as close as Mark can get to that original Atomica he and Chubtone still dream about

glip22":3ren0y2i said:
steve_k":3ren0y2i said:
steve_k":3ren0y2i said:

The same two Cameron mods I have had for a few Steve. :thumbsup: Your Atomica is as close as Mark can get to that original Atomica he and Chubtone still dream about

And I can't stand listening to EVH.... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

It's got Daron Malakian, "System of a Down" live tone all over it though. That's what I use it for...... :rock: :rock: :rock:

EXPcustom":y5gcppn4 said:
Clip of the "real" Atomica:

I had this going through the Two Notes Torpedo and no cabs yesterday, set about -12db, direct to 2000 watts of active FOH PA gear. Running the master around 2:00. Closest I have been able to cranking a Plexi. Instant woody. :D

steve_k":qugh9x20 said:
glip22":qugh9x20 said:

It's got Daron Malakian, "System of a Down" live tone all over it though. That's what I use it for...... :rock: :rock: :rock:
I don't think that amp was originally going to be Eddies. Didn't it have Atomica on it before Jose modded it?

glip22":3w4lgyn7 said:
steve_k":3w4lgyn7 said:

I don't think that amp was originally going to be Eddies. Didn't it have Atomica on it before Jose modded it?

Fuck if I know.... :confused:

steve_k":19dwyhra said:
glip22":19dwyhra said:

Fuck if I know.... :confused:
Ask Jose when he comes back from the dead :D He'll have a line waiting for him. Maybe you can use your influence and buy a ticket up front so you can ask him

Back