Wow, used gear sales have come to a screeching halt....

Those trash can nachos are just that...TRASH! LOL Especially for the price, didn't ya think?

I've had some stuff up for sale for over a month at great prices and no bites whatsoever. Even the people with money aren't spending it. Might as well hang on to it I guess.
I honestly love the trash can nachos! It's what I go there for. I don't remember the price being that high.

I have started to see prices get more reasonable locally but also the inventory is drying up. But even when supposedly everyone was trying to buy gear in the past couple years I had trouble selling stuff. I would even take offers that were almost low balls and dudes would always flake out. I still have stuff I’d like to sell, but I imagine it will be even worse now.
Doesn’t bill gates or someone want us to live in a pod and eat flavored crickets or some shit?? does that really sound that bad?? give me a helix pedal and a decent set of headphones, my iphone to get on youtube, spotify and be able to log on here and what more do you really need?? im sure there will be a starbucks in the middle of the pod commune and everything else just order off amazon
IMG_3753.jpeg

We are a communist country already.
https://www.conservativeusa.net/10planksofcommunism.htm

Western nations including the United States have gradually implemented virtually all of Marx's 10 key steps toward creating a dictatorship. What are some examples can you find? Americans would be wise to study the "Ten Planks" and demand that the President and Congress abolish all laws, regulations and agencies which govern these (and all other) unconstitutional seizures of power. Communism was never intended to free man, but to enslave him; indeed the Communist Manifesto promised a "dictatorship of the proletariat" and history proved it always ended up slaughtering and enslaving millions of the proletariat.

Karl Marx's "10 Planks" to seize power and destroy freedom:

1. Abolition of Property in Land and Application of all Rents of Land to Public Purpose.​
  2. A Heavy Progressive or Graduated Income Tax.​
  3. Abolition of All Rights of Inheritance.​
  4. Confiscation of the Property of All Emigrants and Rebels.​
  5. Centralization of Credit in the Hands of the State, by Means of a National Bank with State Capital and an Exclusive Monopoly.​
  6. Centralization of the Means of Communication and Transport in the Hands of the State.​
  7. Extension of Factories and Instruments of Production Owned by the State, the Bringing Into Cultivation of Waste Lands, and the Improvement of the Soil Generally in Accordance with a Common Plan.​
  8. Equal Liability of All to Labor. Establishment of Industrial Armies, Especially for Agriculture.​
  9. Combination of Agriculture with Manufacturing Industries; Gradual Abolition of the Distinction Between Town and Country by a More Equable Distribution of the Population over the Country.​
  10. Free Education for All Children in Public Schools. Abolition of Children's Factory Labor in it's Present Form. Combination of Education with Industrial Production.​

Even decent priced items are not moving locally on CL since I browse CL alot just looking around.

It's not so much that prices are inflationary it's the dollar is being devalued because of all the money printing by the Federal Reserve.

I have started to see prices get more reasonable locally but also the inventory is drying up. But even when supposedly everyone was trying to buy gear in the past couple years I had trouble selling stuff. I would even take offers that were almost low balls and dudes would always flake out. I still have stuff I’d like to sell, but I imagine it will be even worse now.

View attachment 304947

heres mine

ET3.jpg

Been unemployed for a minute but have decent savings. The supposed job market of “there’s a job for someone who wants one” is a crock of shit. Sure if you want to make less than $20 an hour. I’m a year or two from official AARP membership, not a virgin trying to get it wet at the prom. The interview process for basic, mid level jobs with not great pay, is like trying to get a job in a classified facility. Huge amount of ghost jobs out there that are vapor. It’s ridiculous.

The only thing positive I have going on is the market has been strong for a while.

I got laid off. I've always had an eye out for other things, decent offers thrown my way. Nope, I was a stupid asshole that stayed loyal just to get laid off. Now all those prospects I was looking at dried up. I've applied to a crazy amount of jobs and hear nothing back. I really think you're right, they're just ghost jobs posted to make companies look good because they're "always hiring". I'm past the age cutoff for a job in my degree in policing because I wasted time trying to make a small company grow. Blows.

Gear wise, I've downsized to 3 guitars, a Quad Cortex and a Mesa 2x12. No intention of buying anything, it's all a merry go round anyway. People are probably struggling and feeling the same.

Kinda weird, I had a Classic 50’s Strat listed for $250 and a fairly minty DRRI listed for $750 on the Marketplace, they sat for a month with just tire kickers. I re-listed each of them on Tuesday and sold them both in the last two days.

If ya’ll think inflation and pricing around the rest of the country are going crazy, check out Florida and what homeowners are experiencing with the insurance companies bailing the fuck out of the state. They must have contributed a lot to Biden’s campaign for that to go unchecked……er….something….

Corporate price gouging has screwed everything up. Worldwide inflation is only 25% of the problem 75% is just greed. Sellers still think they're shit is worth covid shortage prices because they overpaid. People are still spending on all kinds of crap tho or we would have hit recession by now and interest rates would have dropped. 7% housing, 12% used cars are still selling. It's stupidity. Guys like me who have been in the gear market over 10 years have all my forever guitars and amps so I don't buy very often anymore.

You guys need to move to Columbus, Ohio. Boomtown. Google , intel , Amazon and a major freight thoroughfare as well as the state capital. It may not last forever but it’s nothing like I have EVER seen in my life. Can’t find anyone in the trades to save your life!

Some people are probably worried about the possibility of World War 3 and gear is low on their priorities list due to that.

I mean I have a very nice home but it's value shop up to stupid level
Mine did as well, but I cant sell.
Where are we to go? Then we would have to pay a stupid amount for another place, if you can find one.
Chances are then bidding against 20 other nitwits.
Real estate here in the Finger Lakes is silly.

It did get me a dumb amount in the form of home equity line of credit at a good interest rate...

Back