Zakk Wylde Les Paul camo custom

Ok try the glass cleaner then. It contains mainly alcohol, ammonia and water. It will clean the unfinished maple fretboard perfectly without being too agressive. I would protect or at least avoid with care the finish of the guitar (top, back of the neck) if nitrocellulosic. It would be harmless for poly finish.

Ok try the glass cleaner then. It contains mainly alcohol, ammonia and water. It will clean the unfinished maple fretboard perfectly without being too agressive. I would protect or at least avoid with care the finish of the guitar (top, back of the neck) if nitrocellulosic. It would be harmless for poly finish.
I bought some windows cleaner without alcohol and amonia, with natural ingredients. Will let you know how it works!

"Don't put ammonia or alcohol glass cleaner on your $5k Gibson under literally any circumstance."

-Common sense.

Very mild solution of soapy water and dry each fret immediately.

Hey. Can you guys confirm if it's fake? To me it looks fake as shit. One person I know, bought it long time ago. Few years ago I played it and it felt really fake, even though I didn't know much about it. But after owning Zakk's camo custom, this one looks very cheap and I compared all the details. Diamond inlay is off, headstock shape, bridge screws, battery compartment and etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20210529_131507.jpg
    IMG_20210529_131507.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20210529_134354.jpg
    IMG_20210529_134354.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20210529_133225.jpg
    IMG_20210529_133225.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20210529_133222.jpg
    IMG_20210529_133222.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 75
Hey. Can you guys confirm if it's fake? To me it looks fake as shit. One person I know, bought it long time ago. Few years ago I played it and it felt really fake, even though I didn't know much about it. But after owning Zakk's camo custom, this one looks very cheap and I compared all the details. Diamond inlay is off, headstock shape, bridge screws, battery compartment and etc.
Unfortunately it isnt a real gibson, ive owned multiple custom shop bullseyes and also a couple zakk camo’s, i still have a bullseye and i was playing my camo a few min ago, great guitars. The serial is wrong, inlays look too small, headstock shape isnt correct, bridge and posts are a little different, wrong strap buttons, also shouldnt have a battery door, shouldnt have a toggle chip, and most importantly it should have a ebony fb on a bullseye guitar and now rw, there was also a period of ritchlite fb and slightly different bullseye in the later years that most people didnt really notice.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it isnt a real gibson, ive owned multiple custom shop bullseyes and also a couple zakk camo’s, i still have a bullseye and i was playing my camo a few min ago, great guitars. The serial is wrong, logo wrong, also shouldnt have a battery door, shouldnt have a toggle chip, and most importantly it should have a ebony fb on a bullseye guitar and now rw, there was also a period of ritchlite fb and slightly different bullseye in the later years that most people didnt really notice.
Everything looks wrong. I just don't know if I should let the guy know, he's gonna be very upset.

Yeah tell him dude - if he ever wanted to sell it he'd end up ripping someone else off unknowingly

Hey everyone!

I have an offer to trade my explorer to Gibson Zakk wylde camo Les Paul custom. I didn't see it yet in person. I'm not expert on Gibsons, especially those custom ones. Watched trogly's video about it, he pointed out few things to check, but I'd be happy to hear from someone else also! Thanks.
I'd keep the explorer

Back