NFL playoff picks.

• Thread starter Thread starter thiswaythatway
  • Start date Start date
thiswaythatway
thiswaythatway
Well, lets get the playoff talk going.

Giants/Eagles.
I'm rooting for the Giants but their defense is a mess right now. The Eagles have been on a roll but when will the Garcia bubble burst? The Eagles usually do a good job against Tiki but they have a tough time covering Paxico Burress. Will Eli have another aweful playoff appearance? Not sure if Shockey is going play yet. I would have to say Eagles by a touchdown. 24-17

Cowboys? Seahawks.
I'm going with the Seahawks here because they have such a homefield edge. And ever since that blowout loss to the Saints, the rest of the league has Romo figured out. Sean Payton was his coach afterall so he knew how to scheme against him. PLus, Dallas forgot how to play defense and i think Alexander will let everyone know that he's still one of the best.
TO will be bitching hard by the 4th quarter and he's not getting enough balls throw to him. Seahawks 28-24

Jets/Pats.
Well the Jets had a great year and overachieved with a bunch of no-names and went 10-6. They could have easily went 12-4, and everyone picked them to have an aweful year. They did beat the Pats last time up in New England. Mangini is coach of the year but the Pats just have too many good players and Brady is better than Chad. It will be close but the Pats will pull away in the 2nd half.
Pats 27-17

Chiefs/Colts.
Will anyone play defense in this game? Can the Colts stop LJ. If the Colts score early then they could force the Chiefs out of the running game, but of course the Chiefs could just try and run it down the Colts throat and keep Manning on the sidelines. If the Chiefs can play any D they could win, but i don't think they will be able to stop Manning. The Colts will win this one but get blown out next week. Colts 38-20

Eagles - since Garcia is a former Lions QB, I'd love to see him burn to ashes for not being productive in Detroit - plus his ties to Moronoochie. That aside, you can't deny that he's getting results and he has playoff experience. Makes me wonder what might happen to McNappy when the season is over...hmm...

Seahawks - after my Lions beat the Cowboys, well, enought said.

Jets - Pats are toasted and from what little I have watched of the Pats, they've gotten lucky a few times - they aren;t the team they were last year, or the year before, etc. They are on the decline...Jets are on the up...

Chiefs - the Colts lost to the Texans, and Manning is the ultimate choke artist. The Colts, like the Pats, are on the downswing...

I am going with:
Giants
Seahawks
Pats
Colts

It will be a good day to be a Manning!

Eagles
Seahawks
Pats
Chiefs

the last team that the Colts wanted to see come into Indy was Kansas City with Larry Johnson in the backfield. they can't stop the run anyway, and that dude is a tank. it will be high-scoring, though. KC just has to hope that Ty Law and Patrick Surtain can contain Harrison and Wayne.

>|<>QBB<
Murdoch7621":6c92e said:
Eagles
Seahawks
Pats
Chiefs

the last team that the Colts wanted to see come into Indy was Kansas City with Larry Johnson in the backfield. they can't stop the run anyway, and that dude is a tank. it will be high-scoring, though. KC just has to hope that Ty Law and Patrick Surtain can contain Harrison and Wayne.

KC should play at least a nickel against indy - KC has some great young safeties waiting for a shot to show up.

>|<>QBB<
kannibul":6bae4 said:
>|<>QBB<

KC should play at least a nickel against indy - KC has some great young safeties waiting for a shot to show up.

Out of all the games this one intrigues me the most. I feel that KC has to score at least 34 points if they want to win.

For week one of the playoffs through the SB (like every week of the regular season) I really don't care as long as the Ravens lose!!! :wink:

I am going to mimick what danyeo said.

Although I am rooting for KC, even though they will probably get way out scored.

>|<>QBB<
BOOGIE444":a97c0 said:
I am going to mimick what danyeo said.

Although I am rooting for KC, even though they will probably get way out scored.

I disagree - I thnk KC's defense will be their biggest asset. They can rush 4 guys and still get to the QB, and they have, as close as you can in the NFL, an all-star defensive back cast. Their linebackers ain't bad either.

The reason I mentioned the nickel - is they have two younger backup safeties that from what I've seen are playmakers, and good in coverage.

Rotate those safeties to keep their legs fresh...

KC, I really think will win this one.

I hope your right, I will be watching KC this weekend drinking beer and shooting out hatefull anti Colt slogans. :mrgreen:

Back