What song has AC/DC’s best tone ?

Back and Black and after they really developed good layering of Angus doing rhythmic, higher pitch double stops and melody stuff on the basic rhythm tracks. It gives this rich full sound but it’s not something jumping out as a lead element. I wonder if Mutt got him into that.
And before mutt Angus never did his hybrid picking riffs that sounds like Pete Townsend keyboard riffs

My personal favorite is Angus' solo and tone on "Ride On". Searing tone and soulful licks. When I heard it on the radio it was a big deal to me and I was able to record it onto tape so I could listen when I wanted.

AC/DC is much closer to the types of sounds I usually use. I don't play much metal or high gain.

For me before the Black album they played more swing. They went with a more straight beat even feel with Back in Black and everything after it.

It's just a lot easier to dance or fuc with a swing beat.

That video above just demonstrates they were probably the best live rock band in the world at that time, just amazing. Angus was a machine!
His solos in that time fram from 77-78 were on fire . He was even using modes a lot . He stopped shredding like that in 79 . He’s was more stripped down . But listen to the Razors Egde the track . He’s Phrygian going on like flamenco guitars

Cameron told me on multiple occasions that the tone he mods into amps is "AC/DC goes to college" with the ability to get more gain. This is why so many people like his amp mods... it's AC/DC.
Ive never heard anything even close to AC/DC out of any of his amps….any recordings of this?

Let me put my love in to you (.. babe)

to me it almost sounds like it was written and produced to showcase a HB into a JMP, how it blooms and fills the space, how the upper voicings hit the right frequencies with a bit of squish and how it’s just big enough to sit where it needs without the first world tone issues or flubby bass etc.

everything ACDC sounds good but this song is ‘it’ for me bc everything matches everything else so beautifully; song structure, production, beat, tone etc.

Back