Letting go of my 5150III Stealth100w Head... Want to try something new and different. Options?

PRS Archon surprised so much when I was shopping guitars, I went back and got the amp.
They can be had cheap, new. My buddy and I got ours for $900.

It's such a great sounding amp. I had no idea. The cleans are really good, and the gain channel is great for anything from hard rock to the heaviest stuff.

The 50w 1x12 combo sounds unbelievably good. Of course, better through a cab.

This is thru the combo, gain around 10 o'clock:

A/b with ToneNerd Rocca mod thru Bogner 2x12:

I'm going to echo the Mesa Mark series suggestions. Really tight when you dial them in right. I was going to flip mine until I played it, and it's been my main amp ever since.

The Knucklehead suggestions are legit too. That's another amp that might fit the bill. Either that, or find a used MK1 Diezel Herbert.

I went through a bunch of the usual suspect amps and keep coming back to my Mesa Mark IV - Rev B. I live on channel 3.

Seems like we have similar taste in amps. The Uber Ultra is the main one on my list right now. I'd recommend that.

I have a Rivera Clubster Royale Recording that absolutely kills! Mine is the 25w 6v6 version. Absolutely massive sounding. I run it with NOS RCA black plates and could not be happier.

I'm going to echo the Mesa Mark series suggestions. Really tight when you dial them in right. I was going to flip mine until I played it, and it's been my main amp ever since.

The Knucklehead suggestions are legit too. That's another amp that might fit the bill. Either that, or find a used MK1 Diezel Herbert.
Man I've been looking hard at the MK1 Diezel Herberts honestly. They sound way better than the 2 and 3 in all the demos I have seen.

I went through a bunch of the usual suspect amps and keep coming back to my Mesa Mark IV - Rev B. I live on channel 3.

That channel 3 on the MARK IV is amazing. Love how it can simultaneously be super tight, but also provide a liquid lead sound. Honestly, I would have been fine with them making Channel 2 identical to Channel 3.

Some of my high-gain favorites are, in no particular order:

Diezel Herbert
ENGL Fireball 100
ENGL Powerball II
Splawn QuickRod 100
Mesa Mark V

Back