Once again.... WHATS COOKING?!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mailman1971
  • Start date Start date
Looks superb.....Is the Ooni worth getting? Been on thinking about it for a while......also would you mind sharing your dough recipe?
Cheers dude

Looks superb.....Is the Ooni worth getting? Been on thinking about it for a while......also would you mind sharing your dough recipe?
Cheers dude
Well worth it. I bought the add on Propane burner so I could switch between gas and lump charcoal. It’s my second favorite outdoor kitchen implement. I buy frozen pizza dough. Might be sacrilegious, but It tastes great and is super easy…

It’s not fancy; typical weeknight dinner. Pan-seared, blackened salmon, steamed broccoli (with melted butter and flaky salt) and wild rice) Uncle Ben’s 😆). Pretty tasty…

Attachments

• IMG_3366.jpeg
    IMG_3366.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
Doesn't look all that great but damn does it taste good. I call it Black Bean Steak and Shrimp soup. I may have posted it already. It has peppers and onion and cumin and salsa and liquids of choices.

VmGOTYJ.jpg

PS: @Monkey Man looks like our new friend @Nomontgx has no more posts. Seems kinda weird but that's just me :dunno:

Last night, I had pierogies and ham steak mixed with fried onions. I think I could eat that combination every day if I had too. LOL

Tonight, homemade pizza with smoky sausage. I use a Neapolitan style pizza base (ferments for 2-3 days using sourdough starter including a cold ferment in the fridge) with an Italian tomato topping mixed with homemade pesto (homegrown basil, parmesan and olive oil. Topping is Mozzarella and smoky sausage. The pizza cooks at 450 degrees C (842F) and takes 90 seconds...

1716966677174.png

Flank steak rolls with garlic and scallions, ultimately served with a homemade Teriyaki sauce…

Attachments

• IMG_3388.jpeg
    IMG_3388.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3389.jpeg
    IMG_3389.jpeg
    576.7 KB · Views: 21
Let it rest. Push it out into your greased pan. Preheat your oven to 475. Shred some fresh mozz (I like Boars Head) and some traditional tomato sauce.
IMG_4597.jpeg

I'll have to upload a pic next time because I did not know this thread existed.... That being said: I made a Hand battered spicy chicken breast with sriracha honey served on a glazed donut as the bun. Ripped off from Coop's chicken around Houston. Homemade version is so bomb!!

Last edited:
PS: @Monkey Man looks like our new friend @Nomontgx has no more posts. Seems kinda weird but that's just me :dunno:
Not-weird at all Brother 3; I hadn't forgotten. Well, I had, but I have reminders set up.

Just so happens that I was about to do the deed when I saw your post. :thumbsup:

Sounds delicious! I love a good gumbo. I've been getting into cooking more lately, trying out different recipes and flavors. Recently, I decided to take my cooking up a notch by using organic chicken bone broth in my dishes. It adds such a depth of flavor that regular broth just can't match. I found a great source for it online from Healo Foods. Their heritage beef bone broth is also amazing. If you're looking to elevate your cooking, I highly recommend giving it a try. Here's the link: https://healofoods.com/products/heritage-beef-bone-broth. Enjoy your gumbo!
Yeah, tell us about your guitar-and-amp journey @Nomontgx

Welcome BTW...
Well, you've had 6 weeks and this remains your only post.

Hey, at least if you give me nothin', I still give you sumpin'. :banhim: :gethim:

Bant - Clint & Clyde.gif

Homemade chicken salad… Roasted two whole chickens on the Napoleon grill - was surprisingly easy to keep the temp at 375 throttling the two outside burners. Not much to look at, but it’s tasty..,

Attachments

• IMG_3419.jpeg
    IMG_3419.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 15

Back