Distortion Pedals .......

griff10672

Looking for a circuit I can mod into the next " RT " pedal ..........

we'll call it the " Toxic Drive " Mr. Tan Pants Edition

what do you guys like for straight out distortion pedals ?

Metal Zone Distortion Guitar Pedal ...

Something that can make a clean channel into a raging metal machine.

To be fair - the new RAT does a damn fine job but still.... more drive...more grit...more of that garbled sounding distortion like asphault being dragged or something.

>>An amp that exhibits this character is the Panama Fuego that is no longer produced if I recall. I remember hearing a demo and all I could picture was a Volcano in my head. The wide, rolling grain of the distorion always had a unique character to me that I can't seem to replciate.

Edit: Can't recall the model. Searching for the demo now that I recall. Could have been the Inferno, etc. *Pretty sure it is the inferno*

Extra Edit: I can't seem to find that amp, all the demos I hear are not what I recall.

-TLDR;

Something that sounds absolutely volcanic/molten!

Last edited:
Something that can make a clean channel into a raging metal machine.

To be fair - the new RAT does a damn fine job but still.... more drive...more grit...more of that garbled sounding distortion like asphault being dragged or something.

>>An amp that exhibits this character is the Panama Fuego that is no longer produced if I recall. I remember hearing a demo and all I could picture was a Volcano in my head. The wide, rolling grain of the distorion always had a unique character to me that I can't seem to replciate.

Edit: Can't recall the model. Searching for the demo now that I recall. Could have been the Inferno, etc. *Pretty sure it is the inferno*

Extra Edit: I can't seem to find that amp, all the demos I hear are not what I recall.

-TLDR;

Something that sounds absolutely volcanic/molten!

Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but there is a Panama Inferno for sale near me for $350. I gave it some serious thought, but the reliability issues gave me pause. Seem like a cool amp to try out for not a lot of money.

Not that it has anything to do with this thread, but there is a Panama Inferno for sale near me for $350. I gave it some serious thought, but the reliability issues gave me pause. Seem like a cool amp to try out for not a lot of money.
For $350 I'd give it a go man!

Back