Distortion Pedals .......

• Thread starter Thread starter griff10672
  • Start date Start date
For actual distortion, my fav is actually
The Danelectro Cool Cat V2 . The V2is very important . V1 has less gain and was missing the tone switch . Only distortion pedal I actually like

Barber Dirty Bomb
MI Audio SCB V2
Both discontinued.
Don't know how they stand up for metal but they sell fast.

Barber Dirty Bomb
MI Audio SCB V2
Both discontinued.
Don't know how they stand up for metal but they sell fast.
Never heard of the Dirty Bomb ....
I've loved all the MI Audio pedals I've tried .... I'll have to look up the SCB V2 .... never heard of that one either

I know digitech is kinda looked down on but that distortion factory was a good pedal. I thought it did a good version of every pedal it modeled. Ymmv…same with the chorus factory.

Of course that’s digital and Wayne only does analog. Would it be possible to do one with 2 or 3 different types built into it? I have know idea what I’m talking about so I’m just asking….

that isn't a bad idea .......... my Channel 3 ( VH4 ) pedal came out really good ...... I could take a whack at a SLO pedal
A SLO variant may be cool. For my personal tastes, I'd have to make sure I can't already dial that sound in on my amp. But yeah, definitely sounds like a great idea!!

A SLO variant may be cool. For my personal tastes, I'd have to make sure I can't already dial that sound in on my amp. But yeah, definitely sounds like a great idea!!
I personally don't use a distortion pedal for anything high gain ...... I was just thinking a " Toxic Drive " would be a fun RT pedal to do ....

I do love building boosts and OD's though ........

maybe I'll do a heavily modded EP Booster ........... a swiss army knife type boost ....... put all the bells and whistles on it

I personally don't use a distortion pedal for anything high gain ...... I was just thinking a " Toxic Drive " would be a fun RT pedal to do ....

I do love building boosts and OD's though ........

maybe I'll do a heavily modded EP Booster ........... a swiss army knife type boost ....... put all the bells and whistles on it
EP could be really cool.... As long as you make it small enough to squeeze into that open spot on my board LOL

RAT and OCD are my favorites.

You already did the RAT. I don't use either with a clean amp. Point of breakup to crunch is how I set the amp.

wonder how that would sound with everything maxed......

Combination of modded HM-2 and BE-OD. One side 80's hotrodded Marshall, other side 90's death metal galore.

The Ibanez smashbox is my favorite strait distortion pedal

Back