New Extreme is extremely …

aeSjYX.gif

didn't like it AT ALL but I'm very mindful of the following facts:
-for a fairly not incompetent semi pro guitarist, I don't put stuff (idiotic or not) with bends like those in 2.39 on records or YT or anywhere someone might listen
-I haven't had a band with any record deals, let alone a following
-I haven't been in (the company of) so many women per unit area as a band like Extreme on a video clip, tour, hotel room or whatever
-It's one of the most representative vids made - there's something for every taste. It's what you'll find at your local gig as an aspiring rocker IF YOU ARE LUCKY. Remember Tawny Kitaens were for Coverdales and Pamelas for Tomys..

Last edited:
Sugar Ray was heavier than extreme ever were at one point, and I'm not joking.

No really, Sugar Way heavier than Extreme

lol yeah I've heard those old records and you're right.

Corporate rock band releases pop track and forum of old rockers get grumpy.

More news at 10....

This is different than just some rock band releasing a pop track. I don't care if a rock band wants to write a good pop song, that's whatever.

What I have a problem with is how truly awful the execution of this entire concept seems to be. For one, the mix is complete shit, but more importantly (at least when you're writing a pop song) the singer looks like a total dork, and not in a cool way. He's dancing around like a goober and he's straining way too hard to hit those notes, and it's like that the whole time. He sounds constipated. He is annoying and hard to listen to. The whole thing is way too tryhard.

Basically the singer, and by extension the rest of the band, is the polar opposite of cool here, and that's not what you want in a pop song about getting girls. And it doesn't help that the actual production sounds like trash on top of that.

Back