Old Guys (me included), Turn us on to Some Relatively Unknown (to todays youth) Hard Rock/ "Metal" Way Back When You Were Starting Out......

• Thread starter Thread starter Braciola
  • Start date Start date
Most of the bands I listen to are totally unknown to other people in my generation lol. Though there is actually a surprising amount of Zoomers into NWOBHM, Glam Metal, and 80s Thrash.

I'd say a lot of those bands that are relatively early in Heavy Metal but not old enough to be "Proto-Metal" are pretty overlooked these days. Stuff like Starz, The Godz, The Rods.

1976.....A friends older brother saw these guys in LA and told us we had to listen to them, this had just come out...Dave Meniketti was a massive influence on me.

and then...

Marky Ramone’s previous band:

Lots of people know about Pentagram these days, but they were a hidden gem for many years.

Both of these bands are before my time, btw.

1976.....A friends older brother saw these guys in LA and told us we had to listen to them, this had just come out...Dave Meniketti was a massive influence on me.

and then...

Love those first two Yesterday & Today albums and they would only get better with the name change and Earthshaker. Yesterday & Today did the bulk of their early gigs in the city and surrounding cities I grew up in. I’ve got a big attachment to the original lineup

Love those first two Yesterday & Today albums and they would only get better with the name change and Earthshaker. Yesterday & Today did the bulk of their early gigs in the city and surrounding cities I grew up in. I’ve got a big attachment to the original lineup
I’ve still got the first two on original vinyl 😏

Back