Anyone love modulation?

• Thread starter Thread starter psychodave
  • Start date Start date
You know all those pedals are available on Reverb, eBay, used at your local Music Go Round or what-have-you. Deals are out there. They’re not all prohibitively expensive either.
Gotta know what to look for. People change stuff out, etc.

So I bought a BOSS DM-101 yesterday. Only a few hours with it. But the modulation sounds as good as any of my analog pedals. All analog signal path with digital control. 4 presets on the pedal. 128 with MIDI.
It's kind of similar sounding to my other BBD pedals. Kind of on the dark side for sound.
Really need more time with it to make conclusions. But so far it sounds great.

I'm running it in the loop of the Fryette Sig X. Switching between five 4x12 cabs. Covering the entire range of gain from clean up with humbucker and single coils.

I have about 7 hours on the BOSS DM-101. Each of the 12 modes can do several different types of modulation via the Variation knob. It might be the most versatile analog modulation pedal ever made. Not to mention the delays sound as good or better than any of the BBD pedals I have used.
1719753831295.jpg

I have about 7 hours on the BOSS DM-101. Each of the 12 modes can do several different types of modulation via the Variation knob. It might be the most versatile analog modulation pedal ever made. Not to mention the delays sound as good or better than any of the BBD pedals I have used.
View attachment 321618
does it support having multiple, parallel delays?

It has multi head and some various stereo delays if that is what you mean.
More along the lines of the Yamaha UD-Stomp that has 8 delay that can be run in parallel. I can do it in software, but haven't found a pedal / modeler that does it...some come close:

Boss DD-500

L6 Helix (Stomp)

More along the lines of the Yamaha UD-Stomp that has 8 delay that can be run in parallel. I can do it in software, but haven't found a pedal / modeler that does it...some come close:

Boss DD-500

L6 Helix (Stomp)

I own the DD-500 and have owned a few rack units that do parallel delays. All of them digital delay.

The DM-101 is all analog signal path with digital control. It is not going to do a lot of the things a digital delay does.

Last edited:
Reactions: rsm
thanks @stephen sawall

my quest continues....for a hardware/pedal with multiple parallel modulated delays....

may have to roll the dice on a used UD-Stomp

thanks @stephen sawall

my quest continues....for a hardware/pedal with multiple parallel modulated delays....

Rocktron Intelliverb I believe does it.

Id love to visit Dave's ampcave & talk gear. Im sure its quite a collective.
Im about to make a trade for a Chorus right now. Tell you more about it later.

thanks @stephen sawall

The Axe-FX III can do 8 parallel delays, but I can't think of much else that can.

The old Digitech MultiVoice Chorus pedals can do 1-16 voices, which is kind of the same idea if you are using this for Chorus, but of course, you get no control over each one like that.

I'm obsessed with modulation. As long as I've played the guitar, I've utilized some sort of modulation.

Here's my latest purchase. Should arrive tomorrow. It will be immediately going into my full stereo rig. Grabbed a 5B too.

Back