Sold my dream amp. What's next?

i offered the billy corgan shop the details and documents that proof some of his conspiracy theories true plus 1k,

so you got a lot of money for to me just a vh4 used on several albums by an overrated whiny rock star (whiny is his singing voice (i loathe it))

get a new one and you'll be ok

that's harsh i am sure but true

i offered the billy corgan shop the details and documents that proof some of his conspiracy theories true plus 1k,

so you got a lot of money for to me just a vh4 used on several albums by an overrated whiny rock star (whiny is his singing voice (i loathe it))

get a new one and you'll be ok

that's harsh i am sure but true

He's actually a really nice genuine dude. Major gear nerd/collector. Not the guy you'd think from interviews. That's the power of playing the heel like a wrestler. :D
It was just super sentimental because i can still hear it tearing my face off blended with Marshall VS102r combos at my first rock concert in 2000.

He's actually a really nice genuine dude. Major gear nerd/collector. Not the guy you'd think from interviews. That's the power of playing the heel like a wrestler. :D
It was just super sentimental because i can still hear it tearing my face off blended with Marshall VS102r combos at my first rock concert in 2000.
Was it a Blueface? I assume so, for the money...if it wasn't, get another silver face VH4. Close enough. The artist thing can be overrated tone wise(unless it had a special tone, of course.)

Was it a Blueface? I assume so, for the money...if it wasn't, get another silver face VH4. Close enough. The artist thing can be overrated tone wise(unless it had a special tone, of course.)
It was one of the very first silver faces but had blue guts per Peter. Billy said it and the stage head were in the first USA order. (Not tweaked from Germany voltage)

HZQLDun.jpg

I got an offer i couldn't refuse on my VH4. I am finally able to pay off a lot of bills and become less stressed.
Now i just have to decide on what amp to get next mostly for recording and a possible show here and there.
A local guy has a H&K Trilogy that sounds immense..
I'm also looking at a used Orange Rockerverb 50,EVH EL34 5150 III 50 watt,Marshall SC20H 800 or a Soldano mod Jet City.
Any other suggestions? Budget is like $1250 or so.

Depends on the flavor you want. I love my Fireball 25 with the KT77's. It gives you the small footprint, sounds huge, and has the big boy power tubes.

The SC20H does well with a Hot Mod. The Mini Jubilee is a great little amp too.

If you don’t mind me asking, how in the world did you get that much for that amp?
I got offers like that for my 1997 Blueface as well. Not selling though. It’s just supply and demand. They’re very rare and imo the only actually great amp Diezel made (at least production amps not counting prototypes or early mods. Those sound great too). Sorta like a iic+ vs a JP2C or Mark 7, but a bit bigger difference. It is a shame though how so many amps have something special the first time to just get worse with successive revisions

Depends on the flavor you want. I love my Fireball 25 with the KT77's. It gives you the small footprint, sounds huge, and has the big boy power tubes.

The SC20H does well with a Hot Mod. The Mini Jubilee is a great little amp too.
I totally forgot about Engl. I remember being blown away by a Fireball 60. Amazing amps.

The VH4 has been on my "want" list for a long time. One day, I'll have one. Regular face, blue face, silver face, amazing face....I don't think I could justify $15k for any amp. Kudos to you for fetching that kind of dollar and paying off debt. Debt is the true killer of dreams.

The VH4 has been on my "want" list for a long time. One day, I'll have one. Regular face, blue face, silver face, amazing face....I don't think I could justify $15k for any amp. Kudos to you for fetching that kind of dollar and paying off debt. Debt is the true killer of dreams.
Absolutely. It has aged me a good bit in the last year. Such a relief.

Back