Sold my dream amp. What's next?

• Thread starter Thread starter spguitar
  • Start date Start date
I am looking at the SC20H. Really tempting.
Truthfully, a "budget" amp that gets looked over a good bit is the Splawns. For a little more than 1250, I think you'll be much happier with a Nitro or QR than something just completely lacking in every way. YMMV. I think Scott's amps are still underpriced when you consider what's out there.

Might be worth giving him a shout.

Sold the VH4 and your budget to replace it is $1250?... what am I missing.... You're gonna be a sad dude.
Yep i'm putting the rest on 2 credit cards(never again),Loan for appliances and catching a car payment up.
Poof gone.

Truthfully, a "budget" amp that gets looked over a good bit is the Splawns. For a little more than 1250, I think you'll be much happier with a Nitro or QR than something just completely lacking in every way. YMMV. I think Scott's amps are still underpriced when you consider what's out there.

I'll do that! Splawn amps sound great. I think Godsmack used them when i saw them a few years back.

Splawn yes, great suggestion for the 1250 budget. Can't think of a better one.

I'll do that! Splawn amps sound great. I think Godsmack used them when i saw them a few years back.
Alot of guys used/use em. Steve Stevens had phenomenal tone with one for a while.

I got an offer i couldn't refuse on my VH4. I am finally able to pay off a lot of bills and become less stressed.
Now i just have to decide on what amp to get next mostly for recording and a possible show here and there.
A local guy has a H&K Trilogy that sounds immense..
I'm also looking at a used Orange Rockerverb 50,EVH EL34 5150 III 50 watt,Marshall SC20H 800 or a Soldano mod Jet City.
Any other suggestions? Budget is like $1250 or so.
Get an Uberschall Ultra. Have owned two VH4 stereo amps and five mono. The Ultra eats them for lunch in EVERY category. I named my dog Diezel and dug the amps but the Ultra is far superior and cheap in comparison.

Get an Uberschall Ultra. Have owned two VH4 stereo amps and five mono. The Ultra eats them for lunch in EVERY category. I named my dog Diezel and dug the amps but the Ultra is far superior and cheap in comparison.
Wish i could afford one but it's a bit out of the range.

Splawn's are imo something to try before you buy. I never liked them at all. I find they quack rather than growl with a weird disconnected feel. For an affordable amp I much prefer the 5150 Iconic or '90's Sovtek MIG with a boost. Some of the Engl's aren't bad options either

I would double your budget and get a big max. That is a sexy amp that is probably going to have a very badass tone not completely unlike your vh4. I loved the vh2 I had. If I were on the market, the big max would be high on my list.

Yep i'm putting the rest on 2 credit cards(never again),Loan for appliances and catching a car payment up.
Poof gone.
Congrats on relieving your debt, OP! Lots of ball busting replies, but your peace of mind is worth more than any piece of gear. I second the Splawn QR. Great amps at a reasonable price.

Congrats on relieving your debt, OP! Lots of ball busting replies, but your peace of mind is worth more than any piece of gear. I second the Splawn QR. Great amps at a reasonable price.
Agreed. I’ve gotten into way too much debt amassing and trying different gear and it’s a vicious cycle. That’s why I recommended the Orion 45. Still pretty versatile and with the internal load you can easily combine it with a modeler and have a sweet setup.

I started at 32k on Reverb because it was extremely sentimental for me and i thought it would be pulled from my cold dead hands. Finally got down to 17k then someone sent me a 14k offer. Countered with 15k to clear all of my extra debt.

You did well. Don't regret anything. I never understood the intrinsic value of celebrity owned things or memorabilia.
Why not a used VH4 ? It will sound the same and possibly fall easily in your new budget.
For cheaper a used 2203X plus OD808 ?

Back