Sold my dream amp. What's next?

• Thread starter Thread starter spguitar
  • Start date Start date
You did well. Don't regret anything. I never understood the intrinsic value of celebrity owned things or memorabilia.
Why not a used VH4 ? It will sound the same and possibly fall easily in your new budget.
For cheaper a used 2203X plus OD808 ?
I can't afford a used VH4 after paying things. Maybe one day. Or a Herbert MK III.

I can't afford a used VH4 after paying things. Maybe one day. Or a Herbert MK III.

that sucks man, i'm sorry, good to pay everything off though,

i'm still paying off my debt after buying a little too much

having debt clear is better feeling than a vh4 used or new

i'm still making payments on stuff to have a cleaner slate on my debt

so honestly yeah

depending on what else you have amp wise, enjoy that feeling duder

seriously i'm a wee jealous of that, good on you man

You did well. Don't regret anything. I never understood the intrinsic value of celebrity owned things or memorabilia.
Why not a used VH4 ? It will sound the same and possibly fall easily in your new budget.
It is essentially a blueface minus the color- they sound very different from a current vh4.
After playing a blueface, i was genuinely saddened that I wont own one because im not going to put up that amount of money for an amp, but it is one of the 5 amps ive played that Id put in the absolute top tier (the other 4 being Hell Razor, Hermansson Triple Rev F, Uber Rev 1, and MI Beta). I typically prefer tight modern amps, but from the first note I heard through a blueface I knew I loved it. For contrast, I couldnt get a sound I liked out of the VH4(not a bad amp but not my taste at all).

I agree about not valueing celebrity ownership, but I do think that Bluefaces or Blueface spec VH4s like this are a unique sound that you wouldnt find elsewhere. There are other amps that are as good, but not the same sound at all.

All that being said, Im really happy that the seller was able to cover previous debt, as that is more important than any amp ultimately

He paid off a lot of debt.

I hope the OP held onto the funds just in case the buyer has buyers remorse and demands a return.
The ole Paypal/Ebay 90 day guaranteed return strikes again.........:shocked:

The ole Paypal/Ebay 90 day guaranteed return strikes again.........:shocked:
Yeah with that much money I’d socked it back in a savings fund for a few months and collected interest past the 90 day return policy before I’d spent any of it. This has bitten a lot of sellers who forget reverb buyers typically follow the 5 stages of regret. The thrill, followed by buyers remorse once the thrill has worn off, followed by sadness, then fear, and finally anger leading to lying their way into a return. Tell me I’m wrong.

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with a celebrity and everything to do with the fact that it’s essentially a Blueface (inside at least). Same reason why iic+’s or Rev C Recto’s are worth a lot. They’re both rare and sound much better than the other versions. The later version VH4’s is like comparing Sunny D to Fresh Squeezed OJ. I’d agree though on a 2203 and boost being a great choice and honestly would much prefer that over a silverface VH4

Yeah with that much money I’d socked it back in a savings fund for a few months and collected interest past the 90 day return policy before I’d spent any of it. This has bitten a lot of sellers who forget reverb big ticket buyers typically follow the 5 stages of regret. The thrill, followed by buyers remorse once the thrill of purchasing a rare item has worn off, fear, sadness, and finally anger lying their way into a return. Tell me I’m wrong.
The last vintage amp I sold on Reverb played out exactly like this, only worse..

This idiot actually destroyed the amp, and then demanded a "return".

Fortunately, UPS insurance covered me, but I'll never sell anything on Reverb (or online) ever again.

The last vintage amp I sold on Reverb played out exactly like this, only worse..

This idiot actually destroyed the amp and then demanded a "return".

Fortunately, UPS insurance covered me, but I'll never sell anything on Reverb (or online) ever again.

Yeah it’s the same as gambling addiction for some people. They’re mentally fucked up and don’t care about your amp or their transaction history. I think tying accounts to social security numbers for tax reasons will put an end to this though as they’ll realize after fucking up their reviews that they’re now permanent on that platform.

This idiot actually destroyed the amp, and then demanded a "return".

I ended up driving the amp to the buyer 4 hours away just to be safe. I didn't feel comfortable shipping.

Yeah it’s the same as gambling addiction for some people. They’re mentally fucked up and don’t care about your amp or their transaction history. I think tying accounts to social security numbers for tax reasons will put an end to this though as they’ll realize after fucking up their reviews that they’re now permanent on that platform.
Prior to that one, I had another Reverb idiot offer less than I was asking for an effects pedal. I accepted his offer..

Next morning, the guy starts trying to back out of the deal.

I'm thankful I did all my gear purge years ago because today's landscape is just a minefield of morons.

Yeah with that much money I’d socked it back in a savings fund for a few months and collected interest past the 90 day return policy before I’d spent any of it. This has bitten a lot of sellers who forget reverb buyers typically follow the 5 stages of regret. The thrill, followed by buyers remorse once the thrill has worn off, followed by sadness, then fear, and finally anger leading to lying their way into a return. Tell me I’m wrong.
Unfortunately you are NOT wrong........Because they have the ability to play an item for 90 days then after the novelty wears off they know they can still force a return if they feel the amp doesn't do it for them, they only have to say it's defective or wasn't represented correctly.

On top of what you said, they can not only get a refund, they can fake a return and you never ever get your amp/guitar back or they do a crap job packing it on the return and you get a broken amp back......................Thus I deleted my Paypal account and only sell in person any more.

I ended up driving the amp to the buyer 4 hours away just to be safe. I didn't feel comfortable shipping.
Unfortunately the buyer still can ask for a refund within the 90 day window and they seem to have no problem lying to get that refund if they want it. I hope you transaction goes smoothly since you really needed the money.

Truthfully, a "budget" amp that gets looked over a good bit is the Splawns. For a little more than 1250, I think you'll be much happier with a Nitro or QR than something just completely lacking in every way. YMMV. I think Scott's amps are still underpriced when you consider what's out there.

Might be worth giving him a shout.
This is smart

Unfortunately the buyer still can ask for a refund within the 90 day window and they seem to have no problem lying to get that refund if they want it. I hope you transaction goes smoothly since you really needed the money.
That is a bit scary but he was aware about the reason i was selling it and seemed really on the level when we met up. I feel confident about it.

So the fact that the amp sold for $15K (!!) has nothing to do with the fact it was Billy Corgan's and only because it was a blueface version ? I may be out of the loop on that. I live in Europe and Diezel amps are dime-a-dozen around here and not particularly expensive compared to american brands. I've never seen any Diezel fetch that kind of price anywhere. There's a silverface VH4 for sale at €2K right now on a french site. I have a hard time thinking the blueface version is woth 7x more.

Back