Sold my dream amp. What's next?

• Thread starter Thread starter spguitar
  • Start date Start date
That is a bit scary but he was aware about the reason i was selling it and seemed really on the level when we met up. I feel confident about it.
Since it was an in person deal where the buyer plays the amp and confirms condition and working order then I hope you got paid via a cashier's check from his bank with a verified check. If I drove 4 hours to deliver and amp I would have demanded cash/cashiers check verified by your bank payment before you left with the amp... that way none of this 90 day refund crap would not even be an issue as the amp was delivered in said condition and the buyer was happy with the amp and off you go with your money but that's probably not possible since the sale was on Reverb.

Since it was an in person deal where the buyer plays the amp and confirms condition and working order then I hope you got paid via a cashier's check from his bank with a verified check. If I drove 4 hours to deliver and amp I would have demanded cash/cashiers check verified by your bank payment before you left with the amp... that way none of this 90 day refund crap would not even be an issue as the amp was delivered in said condition and the buyer was happy with the amp and off you go with your money but that's probably not possible since the sale was on Reverb.

+100

In person I either want zelle instant transfer, cash, or cashier’s cheque. If it’s anything reverb supports it’s going to have their policies attached to it. For hobbiest, non commercial, non sole proprietorship sales, I prefer being paid my way or it’s no sale. Either you like the item and want it or you don’t it’s that simple. On that amount of money I’m still paying income taxes on it and going by the book but I don’t like being taken advantage of by return morons.

Sad that you sold such a cool amp but happy for you that you don't have the other stress on your back.
At the end of the day, it is an amp. Your health is worth a heck of a lot more!
I'm sure i'll start feeling the relief after a couple of months! Can't wait.

Truthfully, a "budget" amp that gets looked over a good bit is the Splawns. For a little more than 1250, I think you'll be much happier with a Nitro or QR than something just completely lacking in every way. YMMV. I think Scott's amps are still underpriced when you consider what's out there.

Might be worth giving him a shout.
People have started asking ridiculous prices for used Splawns these days as well. Cheapest is typically a Competition, (my personal favorite).

Welp I found a killer deal on this. Picking it up tomorrow.

IMG_1780.jpeg

So the fact that the amp sold for $15K (!!) has nothing to do with the fact it was Billy Corgan's and only because it was a blueface version ? I may be out of the loop on that. I live in Europe and Diezel amps are dime-a-dozen around here and not particularly expensive compared to american brands. I've never seen any Diezel fetch that kind of price anywhere. There's a silverface VH4 for sale at €2K right now on a french site. I have a hard time thinking the blueface version is woth 7x more.
I got offers like that for my 1997 Blueface as well and mine was never owned by any artist that I'm aware of and I saw one or 2 other Blueface's on reverb go in that price range. It's not about the cosmetics of it being a Blueface. It's simply a far superior sounding amp that really is not much at all like the Diezel's that came out later in sound in much the same way as a Mark IIC+ or Rev C Recto vs the later bleh sounding amps that company also succumbed to. Combine that with the fact that they are also a lot rarer than a Rev C (roughly 240 Rev C's made iirc). I never liked Diezel's until trying the Blueface. A lot of these brands seem to have something special at first and then just ruin then over time with revisions. Same with the Uberschall's

A used Diezel Einstein you may super dig. It gets closer to the darker blue face VH4 like tones and gets you that Adam Jones Marshall Superbass/VH4 combo like sound. I do agree with the other posts here the Herbert MKIII is awesome.

Yep i'm putting the rest on 2 credit cards(never again),Loan for appliances and catching a car payment up.
Poof gone.

Having cool gear is great, but being debt free feels even better, and is better for your health. There are many really great sounding amps that can be had for cheap and will still scratch that itch until you can upgrade.

I have heard about that 90 day window, but I just found this. Did Reverb recently change it or is there some other fine print stuff I’m missing?

https://help.reverb.com/hc/en-us/ar...urns-work-for-buyers-on-Reverb?segment=buying
That would be good for the OP seller if the buyer paid via C/C through Reverb.

The 90 day PAYPAL window for a buyer to open a claim looks like may have been extended to 180 days according to paypal, I dunno.

https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/buyer-protection

Dispute must be opened within 180 days of the date you sent the payment to the seller.

Opening Disputes: Timeframes​

Claim TypeTimeframe
Item Not ReceivedDispute must be opened within 180 days of the date you sent the payment to the seller.
Significantly Not as DescribedDispute must be opened (i) within 30 days of the date of delivery or fulfillment (as applicable) of an order or (ii) within 180 days of the date you sent the payment to the seller, whichever is sooner.
Unauthorized Transactions and Other ErrorsRefer to the user agreement for applicable timeframes.

Back