Give me your IR recommendations

I’ll keep the Scott Henderson pack in mind. Since money’s tight I’m going to stick to the stock one since its pretty good, but once I import some new IRs I’ll give some feedback and maybe do some playthroughs for you guys

Another Bogren vote from me. There is definitely some post eq on them, but I feel like these have a more natural and open top end than a lot of others.

York Audio ir's are killer. My fav is the Marshall M25 pack. Preferred them way over the Ownhammer stuff.
Thanks for this! I found Ownhammer to be the best to my ears over the limited IR brands I've checked out, but I never checked out York. Their MRSH pack is stunning!

Always amazed how popular York are. I can’t seem to find the right one for me.

I just this week have tried EAS Studios (mirrorprofiles) at the recommendation of this forum and I am actually very impressed. They seem more raw than something like Josh Middleton, etc. But for some reason I’m really finding these to be the most real world sounding and feeling. It’s like they are a balanced sound across my fretboard and I can finally “dig in” to my strings.

I was a big fan of York but Ownhammer has been nailing it with the new Rockbox releases. They seem to need no EQ'ing and they sit right in the mix. Price is right too.

Would a V30 Mesa cab pair well for a Marshall type of tone?
Meh. That's a big can of worms in and of itself. Personally, I like V30's, but i get the issues others have with them. If you wanted to go more tradtional\greenback route, both those previously mentioned have some really killer packs to try. The original pack of Ownhammer that I had has a bunch of variety....some Deluxe Reverbs, Orange, Mesa, and a couple of Marshall cabs. And compared to all the other crap we spend money on as guitarists....IR's are pretty cheap!

Titan audio almost always gets overlooked and they’re one of the best out there. He just doesn’t do any advertising. Josh Middleton the other, he’s obsessive over his tones.

Always amazed how popular York are. I can’t seem to find the right one for me.

I just this week have tried EAS Studios (mirrorprofiles) at the recommendation of this forum and I am actually very impressed. They seem more raw than something like Josh Middleton, etc. But for some reason I’m really finding these to be the most real world sounding and feeling. It’s like they are a balanced sound across my fretboard and I can finally “dig in” to my strings.
I think why we all have differing opinions on which IRs are great and which aren't comes down to the differences in our final filtering device, our studio monitors or headphones. We all have so many variables from the difference in load boxes and impedances, interfaces and preamps. The Yorks and the OH for me are really sounding good to me with my rig.

I own GGD, Ownhammer, York, ML Soundlab, Celestion, and Bogren. Way too many tbh.

I find myself sticking to only Bogren these days. The GGD ones are great too because you can choose how many mics and blend them, and then make a single file out of it so you can really dial your rig in.

Call me crazy..

guitar_with_one_mic_01a_centre_on_axis-9shb1mcV0JqkNDqkH1z8qYJdPGbYpw40.jpg

Ok well, I bought the York KW 412 IR pack.

Now! Help me figure out how to use these. Which ones do I want. There's all this "minimum phase singles". "48k" mumbo jumbo. Not sure which ones to use.

Back