Combo Recommendations

NowYou'rePlayingWithPower

After 30 years of service to myself and now my Daughter, my JTM30 2x10 has died an honorable death.
It's probably the board, but I'm not going to fiddle with it right now as she has a couple shows coming up on Friday and Saturday.
Wanted y'all's opinions on a good somewhat lightweight combo for shoegaze/grunge/riot type tunes that's common enough.
Looking for something with reverb and a loop with a fenderish clean if possible.
I have a 65 Twin, but it's too heavy and too loud for her solo shows that are usually at cafes/houses/mic'd.
Thanks ❤️

This wont help you. But if i ever bought a combo, i would love a peavey vypr pro. I am sure i would hate t, but i really wanted one when they came out and i was new to guitar.

After 30 years of service to myself and now my Daughter, my JTM30 2x10 has died an honorable death.
It's probably the board, but I'm not going to fiddle with it right now as she has a couple shows coming up on Friday and Saturday.
Wanted y'all's opinions on a good somewhat lightweight combo for shoegaze/grunge/riot type tunes that's common enough.
Looking for something with reverb and a loop with a fenderish clean if possible.
I have a 65 Twin, but it's too heavy and too loud for her solo shows that are usually at cafes/houses/mic'd.
Thanks ❤️
Blues Jr. and a Nobles ODR-1.

Thanks ❤️
Soldano SLO-30 maybe?

You daughter plays shows already? I thought she is at middle school for some reason 🤘🏻

Will def look into some of these. I am more concerned about weight than cost, but also don't want to spend crazy $.
Maybe $1500 ish?
Came across the bassbreaker 30R.
Anyone with experience?
Lots of mesa combos on the cheap too, but have no clue what's what.
Thanks again!

Mark V 35 combo weighs 44lbs. What's the weight range you are looking for?
That's probably about the highest. I've been looking online at a couple oranges that a somewhat local shop has that are around 35-40. So, either way will go check them out. It won't be the end of the world if I can't find something by Friday as she still has other choices that she'll have to live with.

This belongs to the manginas on TGP,...
Feel free to write in your diary over there about it 😸
In this case that amp weighs as much as she does and is overkill for said venues.
If it were up to me I would just buy a jazz chorus, tbh.
This is a teenager going to house parties and open mic hipster venues with it after all. She has other amps for her band/"projects"

Shoegaze, grunge..you got the cash. A silverface whatever with a ds (not sd) 1. Nice reverb pedal and maybe a couple other boosts, be a cool mom and give her an old boss chorus too.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/F...jzopwuTZkp8mitHIRBNf0x1yBKIYCyrRoCFuQQAvD_BwE
This looks promising.

Last edited:
Feel free to write in your diary over there about it 😸
In this case that amp weighs as much as she does and is overkill for said venues.
If it were up to me I would just buy a jazz chorus, tbh.
This is a teenager going to house parties and open mic hipster venues with it after all. She has other amps for her band/"projects"

Back