Combo Recommendations

• Thread starter Thread starter NowYou'rePlayingWithPower
  • Start date Start date
We're going to look at an orange rocker 32 and a fender hotrod of some sort later today. I should have added that she uses a decent amount of reverb and ambient effects (shimmer, space echo, some other crazy stuff sometimes), so reading about the rocker seems like it may be a good way to go for pedals like that. We'll probably hit up a few pawn shops before deciding, because you never know. Thanks for y'all's input!

We're going to look at an orange rocker 32 and a fender hotrod of some sort later today. I should have added that she uses a decent amount of reverb and ambient effects (shimmer, space echo, some other crazy stuff sometimes), so reading about the rocker seems like it may be a good way to go for pedals like that. We'll probably hit up a few pawn shops before deciding, because you never know. Thanks for y'all's input!
I had a Hot Rod Deluxe, single 12".
Loudest goddamn amp!
Don't think the sound is all that great either.

Unless you are using the amp as a clean, pedal platform, I wouldn't travel down that road...

Zero to one on the volume and you're peeling paint!

I had a Hot Rod Deluxe, single 12".
Loudest goddamn amp!
Don't think the sound is all that great either.

Unless you are using the amp as a clean, pedal platform, I wouldn't travel down that road...

Zero to one on the volume and you're peeling paint!
Thanks for the heads up! It's main purpose will be used as a clean pedal platform :ROFLMAO:

I thought clean pedal platform amps were for TGP? 🤣
It's not for me 🤷‍♀️ I only use HM2 and TS :ROFLMAO:
We live in between Seattle and Portland, if that helps to clarify the offset hipster open mic thing going on here.
She even has one of those acoustic things :eek:
Though she also has a metal band where they look like John5 cloned himself into a bunch of college girls. So, there's that.
She be jamming. Hope you like jamming, too.

It's not for me 🤷‍♀️ I only use HM2 and TS :ROFLMAO:
We live in between Seattle and Portland, if that helps to clarify the offset hipster open mic thing going on here.
She even has one of those acoustic things :eek:
Though she also has a metal band where they look like John5 cloned himself into a bunch of college girls. So, there's that.
She be jamming. Hope you like jamming, too.
I made it in Portland roughly two weeks back in 2008.
Ill take NY anyday.

I was gonna suggest the HRD - if you can find the ltd edition stock with a V30 that one is even better

the rocker 32 is alright but would honestly be alot better with 1x12 :dunno:

If it was me, and I wanted a fenderish clean channel, good gain sounds and not ridiculous price? I would get one of those PRS Archon 1x12 combos.

I was gonna suggest the HRD - if you can find the ltd edition stock with a V30 that one is even better

the rocker 32 is alright but would honestly be alot better with 1x12 :dunno:

If it was me, and I wanted a fenderish clean channel, good gain sounds and not ridiculous price? I would get one of those PRS Archon 1x12 combos.
Thanks for the heads up. Not super concerned about speakers since I have a few laying around to swap if need be/just to try out. I was reading the rocker is pretty good for these types of pedals and has stereo. I don't know, it won't be up to me. We may need to head into Tacoma. And will probably end up with something not anywhere close to what I thought. Since in the end, you can't argue with a teenager's logic. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the heads up. Not super concerned about speakers since I have a few laying around to swap if need be/just to try out. I was reading the rocker is pretty good for these types of pedals and has stereo. I don't know, it won't be up to me. We may need to head into Tacoma. And will probably end up with something not anywhere close to what I thought. Since in the end, you can't argue with a teenager's logic. :ROFLMAO:

Ill be praying for you since you're heading into tacoma :no:

Ill be praying for you since you're heading into tacoma :no:
Pacific Ave! There's that one pawn shop that sold Kurt his mustang or whatever decades ago that still advertises that point to try and justify their dumb pricing. Worse the owner gets offended for offering anything reasonable on anything. I guess that's why half the guitars in there were there 20 years ago.

Pacific Ave! There's that one pawn shop that sold Kurt his mustang or whatever decades ago that still advertises that point to try and justify their dumb pricing. Worse the owner gets offended for offering anything reasonable on anything. I guess that's why half the guitars in there were there 20 years ago.

That place is nuts lol

I do like Emerald City in seattle though, I've played a ton of cool vintage stuff because those guys are chill as fuck

Those music man 1x12s might be a good choice too. 50 watts, portable, pretty clean amp. Reliable but they have gotten a little more love in the past few years so not quite the bargain they used to be.

"Kurt bought his guitar here, just ask him...our prices are MINDBLOWING!"

The Orange Rocker is a good choice. I have the 15 it sounds great and has a decent effects loop.

Back