Steavens Poundcake 50w info

Does anyone know the origin of the Poundcake name? Every time I see it I either think of the VH song or a yellow loaf of cake. It’s kind of weird, actually.

Any other opinions on value of a Mark I 50w? The one I'm looking at had a head shell issue so the tolex was removed and the shell was fixed. It needs to be re-tolexed. The seller and I are trying to get an idea of what they go for. Not a lot of examples to go by...
Honestly, the value piece has been one of the items that has kept me slightly away. Most public transactions I have seen for any iteration have been in the $1600-$2200 vein. Couple of historic reverb sales for MKIs at $1800-2000 that you can dig up pretty easily. That being said, these numbers mostly seem to be prior to the world going crazy and all used items gaining substantial value…
If you end up passing on it I would be interested!

Does anyone know the origin of the Poundcake name? Every time I see it I either think of the VH song or a yellow loaf of cake. It’s kind of weird, actually.
Always just assumed it was a Van Halen thing, I think the amp came out in 1992 and FUCK came out summer of ´91 with Poundcake as the lead single. Really weird coincidence otherwise.

definitely the song- there's another steavens amp called the thunderstruck which is named after the acdc one

Back