Harley-Davidson goes woke

What's wrong with companies these days. They should stay out of politics altogether because customers would normally be from all political persuasions. Given that elections go down to the wire it's like alienating half your customers. In the case of HD however as the video says - most of us wouldn't be woke at all - so crazy stuff.

Last edited:
I try to hang on to the old days but yeah, the “cult” has changed drastically. A perfect example:
At work and looking out the window at the MC parking area when 3 execs walked up to the bikes, started down-dressing, put on leathers and rode off, true rebels.
And that’s who HD caters to these days, and why more riders are trading in their Harleys at Indian dealerships.

I try to hang on to the old days but yeah, the “cult” has changed drastically. A perfect example:
At work and looking out the window at the MC parking area when 3 execs walked up to the bikes, started down-dressing, put on leathers and rode off, true rebels.
And that’s who HD caters to these days, and why more riders are trading in their Harleys at Indian dealerships.
My property is on a state road which happens to have an HD dealership three miles down.]

Gotta love these jamokes getting on those new, fuel injected bikes and just revving the piss out of them as they ride that straight line down the road.

Very manly!

Here’s my telecaster

Attachments

• IMG_0749.jpeg
    IMG_0749.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
The whole scene sucks anymore. Besides all the weekend fashionistas on the road, we have the home stereos mounted on Electra glides. They roll into a gas station with megaphone pipes and music loud enough to be heard above those pipes, ridiculous. It’s all about “look at me”, no attempt to blend in. I really hate those fuckers….I’m headed for a group ride this Saturday and if it’s full of those idiots, I’ll just head out on my own.

The whole scene sucks anymore. Besides all the weekend fashionistas on the road, we have the home stereos mounted on Electra glides. They roll into a gas station with megaphone pipes and music loud enough to be heard above those pipes, ridiculous. It’s all about “look at me”, no attempt to blend in. I really hate those fuckers….I’m headed for a group ride this Saturday and if it’s full of those idiots, I’ll just head out on my own.
Yeah I can always tell a HD coming down the road, and mainly from the stereo.
So many people ride by just to hang out at HD. so fucking corny!

I gave up on the group rides, fundraisers and poker runs. Too many novices/weekend warrior types to contend with.
No safety gear, gloves or jacket.
I see a lot of t-shirts, shorts and flip flops.

Hate to say it, but its not "if" you go down, its "when"...

Here’s my old ‘92 FLSTF.
Bad pic, iPhones weren’t invented yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0695.jpeg
    IMG_0695.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
when I used to ride (Harleys, then Japanese sport bikes), I preferred to ride alone or occasionally with a small group of friends. when I lived in the northern bubs of Atlanta, getting to the north GA mountain roads was about an hour, a few hours more I'd get to Deals Gap (Tail of the Dragon), and the Cherohala Skyway. I stopped going to the Dragon because it was so overcrowded though, plenty of other less well know roads around the borders of GA, TN and NC

Being on a small island in the Atlantic ocean, not much to do on a motorcycle, so those are long gone. hopefully the market will come back up so I can buy my retirement sailboat before I'm too old to enjoy it and use it.

I never really got into riding with more than two or thee guys. Guys I knew the way they rode already. The one time I witnessed an accident firstrhand was because I was on a beach picking up my check and somehow got stuck in a huge toy run with people I didn't know Bikes to me are like guitars and amps. There is a bunch of junk I don't like that people use but like guitars and amps it's a way people can express and individualize things to their own tastes. Best not to spite a fella over that, it's not really necessary. But if someone wants to debate about it then if your Hog has a front brake it already kinda looks like crap to me, just saying.

Being on a small island in the Atlantic ocean, not much to do on a motorcycle, so those are long gone. hopefully the market will come back up so I can buy my retirement sailboat before I'm too old to enjoy it and use it.
There's always this option

1723052131378.png

1723052152706.png

Back