Harley-Davidson goes woke

• Thread starter Thread starter rsm
  • Start date Start date
The new RE-IMAGINED LOGO................................................
1723136408366.jpeg

HD moving more manufacturing overseas, to Thailand and India...

1723310063111.png

Sounds like the WEF has taken over the majority stakeholder positions of Harley Davidson implementing DEI and the Agenda 2030 objectives.....

when I used to ride (Harleys, then Japanese sport bikes), I preferred to ride alone or occasionally with a small group of friends. when I lived in the northern bubs of Atlanta, getting to the north GA mountain roads was about an hour, a few hours more I'd get to Deals Gap (Tail of the Dragon), and the Cherohala Skyway. I stopped going to the Dragon because it was so overcrowded though, plenty of other less well know roads around the borders of GA, TN and NC
I still hear a lot of stories about tail of the dragon but from people who haven’t been there for years. I envision it now and picture a first-timer like me carefully making it through while hoards of bikers going for a new speed record practically running me off the road, or actually doing it. No thanks.

If you're going to go Harley; nothing later than a shovelhead, hardtail, and kickstart only.

or the modern build it yourself equivalent: S&S engine and transmission, open, chain, primary, and chain final drive (extra master links), kick start, and Santee or Paughco frame.

IMO
It requires an enormous amount of love to go with a kick start. Besides fighting a huge amount of compression, it has to be perfectly tuned to start on the first kick…2nd kick maximum.
A guy rode his to a meeting and afterwards, when he got tired, others took turns kicking it over until it finally started. Not for me. Badass? Yes.

Reactions: rsm
I still hear a lot of stories about tail of the dragon but from people who haven’t been there for years. I envision it now and picture a first-timer like me carefully making it through while hoards of bikers going for a new speed record practically running me off the road, or actually doing it. No thanks.
the last time I was there was several years ago, they had just repaved the road. it was so crowded you could barely get out of first gear. I had a Hyabusa, and there are few safe places to pass. You'd have to go early in the morning to get an open ride, but the dew would make the road slippery as it was often foggy early in the morning...we were actually in clouds!

Between various sports car clubs, hordes of slow moving harleys, occasional 18-wheelers (who ignored the warning signs and often got stuck in the tight turns and ended up closing the road for hours), and various camping vehicles, it was not worth it. There are plenty of roads around the area, less well known but not as good as the dragon, but the crowds ruined the dragon.

Going 30 mph in 1st or 2nd gear in a parade vs 80+ mph and draggin' a knee on my 'Busa was a big difference in the experience.

It requires an enormous amount of love to go with a kick start. Besides fighting a huge amount of compression, it has to be perfectly tuned to start on the first kick…2nd kick maximum.
A guy rode his to a meeting and afterwards, when he got tired, others took turns kicking it over until it finally started. Not for me. Badass? Yes.
my AMF shovelhead low-rider had both. I could usually kick start it in 5 kicks or less, unless people were around - then it wouldn't kick start at all.

It’s so strange with Harley going woke: many companies suffered through it but it was more a slight variation in policies and not much kickback. But with HD it’s a complete about-face, a total reversal of the very fabric of the company and millions of fans who supported that mindset decade after decade. How the fuck did they think this would turn out? As lifelong fans desert the brand, hundreds of thousands of new Woke purchasers will appear?

Na... the biker's haven't changed - it's HD Corporate that has changed. That's what this is all about.

So they want to require HD to be bigoted and racist like they are, or they get their panties in a bunch? Sounds like snowflake culture war nonsense to me. I guarantee they'll be riding their Harleys and drinking bud light same time next year. :rolleyes:

So they want to require HD to be bigoted and racist like they are, or they get their panties in a bunch? Sounds like snowflake culture war nonsense to me. I guarantee they'll be riding their Harleys and drinking bud light same time next year. :rolleyes:

My local harley dealers and their events is pretty much a smorgasbord of blacks, whites, and mexicans all hanging out together enjoying bikes. Then you have your christian bike clubs and outlaw clubs also attending some of the same events. And I'm talking about dealership staff and event attendees. You probably won't find a more mixed crowd anyplace. You just don't know what the hell you're talking about.

My local harley dealers and their events is pretty much a smorgasbord of blacks, whites, and mexicans all hanging out together enjoying bikes. Then you have your christian bike clubs and outlaw clubs also attending some of the same events. And I'm talking about dealership staff and event attendees. You probably won't find a more mixed crowd anyplace. You just don't know what the hell you're talking about.
All true, and the evidence is everywhere. You’re stating facts, he’s speculating…no, fabricating. Lost in a world of woke idealism.

So you're saying they draw the line at the gays only?

So you're saying they draw the line at the gays only?
If you are gay and attend one of the events if you gave respect you'd get respect cause nobody really cares about whether you are gay or not. If you shoved your flag in someone's face you'd probably get your ass kicked or at least told off. But yeah I have seen a couple rainbow stickers on oil bags and such. Bikes (and guitars) are a great way to express your individuality. When the company goes woke though, that's shoving it in the face of bikers which will be rejected. The dealerships around here have been pretty good to me so it's unfortunate that it is they who will bear the brunt of the push back with lower sales numbers.

Reactions: rsm

Back