Harley-Davidson goes woke

• Thread starter Thread starter rsm
  • Start date Start date
You don't understand what I'm saying.

I think people try and express their individuality by doing those things but I'm saying that none of it is truly individual at all. Not for me... not for them... not for anyone.
And I'm saying people do those things but aren't necessarily trying to express jack shit. They simply like it.

My wife and I designed and I (re built my house. I just designed and built a 481 sq. foot deck. It's not an expression of anything. I just like that shit that way. And it's all function over form regardless, as it should be.

My wife and I designed and I (re built my house. I just designed and built a 481 sq. foot deck. It's not an expression of anything. I just like that shit that way. And it's all function over form regardless, as it should be.
Well that's the same as me... but I don't think everyone is like that. Some people do it to try and be different or to rebel/not conform or whatever.

Someone's taste in clothes or guns or bikes or houses, cars, tools whatever doesn't have to be an expression of anything.
Yes but it can be.

My wife and I designed my house. I just designed and built a 481 sq. foot deck. It's not an expression of anything. I just like that shit that way. And it's all function over form regardless, as it should be.
I designed and built my own house and deck too. Its' definitely an expression of who I am. A guy who wants low bills and the freedom to not be a slave to a big home. A country cabin with practicality and low maintenance in mind. Metal roof, corrugated metal siding. Utilitarian stuff can very much be an expression of a person.

Well that's the same as me... but I don't think everyone is like that. Some people do it to try and be different.
Of course they do. Those fags in all those videos laying around this place for example. Those morons with studs in their faces and dressing like ridiculous queers. All of them are crying for attention. Look at me. As if they are important to someone besides themselves.

All I'm saying is that Playing cover songs in a shitty bar is not really expressing your individuality. Maybe you make a living at it. Maybe you just like to see titties and get free beer. And you enjoy playing those songs. Obviously it isn't original. But still, just because something isn't original that doesn't mean you aren't expressing your individuality either. I have tattoos. So do millions of other people. Billions of others don't. See what I'm saying ?

Yes but it can be.

I designed and built my own house and deck too. Its' definitely an expression of who I am. A guy who wants low bills and the freedom to not be a slave to a big home. A country cabin with practicality and low maintenance in mind. Metal roof, corrugated metal siding. Utilitarian stuff can very much be an expression of a person. No one is going to look at it and say
Sure it can be. If that's why you did it. So people would go, huh, this dude likes metal siding and small houses. OR you could just have done it because that's the shit you like and you don't really give a fuck what anyone thinks about it.

Sure it can be. If that's why you did it. So people would go, huh, this dude likes metal siding and small houses. OR you could just have done it because that's the shit you like and you don't really give a fuck what anyone thinks about it.
I pretty much did it for all those reasons. Not really to impress anyone, but a small country cabin on acreage is pretty rare around here so it has easy resale if and when I flip it. But yeah it's an expression of my tastes and desires. I even got a galvanized treble clef under the peak since everyone who lives here is a musician.

I pretty much did it for all those reasons. Not really to impress anyone, but a small country cabin on acreage is pretty rare around here so it has easy resale if and when I flip it. But yeah it's an expression of my tastes and desires. I even got a galvanized treble clef under the peak since everyone who lives here is a musician.
I have a BassClef tattooed on me. My wife has a treble clef wrapped around a Bass clef tattoed on her ( she's a concert level pianist and oboist) I suppose those are expressions of something, but not really individuality.

I have a BassClef tattooed on me. My wife has a treble clef wrapped around a Bass clef tattoed on her ( she's a concert level pianist and oboist) I suppose those are expressions of something, but not really individuality.
Individuality: the quality or character of a particular person or thing that distinguishes them from others of the same kind, especially when strongly marked

Make of that what you will. Ima hit another hour of guitar so I can better express my individuality.

Individuality: the quality or character of a particular person or thing that distinguishes them from others of the same kind, especially when strongly marked

Make of that what you will. Ima hit another hour of guitar so I can better express my individuality.
Knock yerself out. I taught myself how to play Mailman again earlier because it's a bad ass fucking song.

Knock yerself out. I taught myself how to play Mailman again earlier because it's a bad ass fucking song.
I gotta complete three more originals for an album of my own stuff. Have a good night Floyd. Catch you soon.

I always felt that Harley died a slow death.
Exception being timeline.
In my opinion, I believe, and said it back then, that closing the foundry in PA was the final nail in HD coffin.

At that point, it became only "assembly" in America...

At least we have the museum.:dunno:

Are you kidding? I just said the complete opposite. I just said everything I do is unoriginal and means nothing. However, I also said that about everyone else as well. Ultimately everything has been done before. Everything we do in this life is meaningless.

There'd be heaps of people that have tattoos, ride bikes and play guitars. Not original at all. Just another form of conforming to a different set of norms.

Write a new song... It might be a new song but it's not original in the sense that lots of people write a new song...

Improvise a solo. Heaps of people do that... Not original in that sense.

It's like bubbles on a pot of boiling water. The bubble rises, pops and goes back into the mixture. It's all the same.
I’m thankful for something new today, that I don’t think like you do. What a way to go through life.

A big part of that is stepping back for a look and thinking “I did that, quite an accomplishment”. Odd as it seems, not all people think like that…some of them are here.

A big part of that is stepping back for a look and thinking “I did that, quite an accomplishment”. Odd as it seems, not all people think like that…some of them are here.
I spent my entire adult life up until 13 years ago as a carpenter/contractor. And I agree somewhat. The thing I miss most about my work now is the sense of self satisfaction. That whole standing back and looking at what I’ve built, usually from nothing or from something that wasn’t remotely as nice. These days I’m in underground construction. Which means if I do my job correctly, and I do, it looks exactly the same after I’m done as it did before I started.

I don’t consider any of that an expression of my individuality though. Perhaps some people are just deeper or more philosophical than I am. 💁‍♂️

Was this one of you guys??

IMG_9477.jpeg

Back