Cemetery Dates A RT RPG Side Quest

I’m reading on the run, is it for survivors only?

In case open for everyone, I’ll try 7. Otherwise ignore me 😂

Lollygagging, sure. Let me make it up to y'all.

Anyways, where were we? Your house burned down and you were about to set off on your quest to get this manuscript translated. Anyways, I don't want to rewrite the whole fucking thing. So, this side quest will have to do for now until I get my other computer back up. You're on your own to find it, but when you do; Let's rewind a little to the previous evening and find out exactly what happened that night with the Scarlet Siren...

"...with me tonight." Your heart lifts. Whether bad events have occurred or doomed omens of the future, this moment is where you are. "Meet me in the garage," she says. "You look like you could use a beer."

As you approach the garage you notice something large and sinister. Looking it over, you realize an elegance and beauty to its design. "It's a 61, I think." She approaches you, beer in hand. You barely notice the fancy import label as her reflection on the Hearse sitting in front of you draws your eye.

"Hearse? Didn't take you for the type," you say to her. "Yes, well I do work at the cemetery, you know?" She informs you. You're a bit surprised and taken back. Intrigued, but unsure. Looking down, your chub confirms your interest. "So, are you going to take me for a ride?" You say to her awkwardly. Perhaps a bit creepy proposition to your usual normie, but this siren seems to be open given her career choice and former musician boyfriend history.

"Sure, you can ride in the back," she laughs back to you. "Truth is that I lost the keys to it at work the other day. It's been a busy week. I'm sure you know given the recent deaths around here." You think back to those who have died of dysentery or were crushed by trash compactors in the past few days. You almost feel connected to those events, somehow. "Yeah, it's been a strange, long week, so far" You say in agreeance.

"Hey, I have an idea. You could help me find my keys," she hints. "You mean like at the graveyard?" You inquire in response. "Well, yeah. I mostly just tend to the gardens, but given the uptick in deaths lately; they have me digging graves lately." Wide eyed and unsure of yourself, you just sit for a moment in silence.

"You know what? I'm game. Let's go look for them. I mean you are letting me stay at your house tonight, I suppose it's the least I can do. And if I'm being completely honest, it's something all new to me. Not much one for groundhogs day." You enthusiastically tell her.

"Really?" She responds in surprise. "I wasn't expecting someone to just jump in and be so eager to go digging up graves simply for a set of keys with an otherwise unfamiliar neighbor." Paleness crosses your face. "Digging up graves?" You stutter out. "Yeah, where else do you think I would have lost my keys?"

Later that night...

View attachment 326403

"Sorry, but you'll only be able to dig up one grave. This old shovel is going to need to be buried itself after this use," She tells you.

You know the drill. Pick a grave and start digging. You can't pick one that's already been picked. First come, first served, yada yada, maybe you'll dig up something sweet! There are no goblins in this graveyard, but other prizes can possibly be won. I'll give y'all survivors to this point until Saturday night to respond below with your pick. 🖤🖤🖤

View attachment 326409

I believe I'll take a #2

This side quest is kinda close to home. My wife was on her way to be an embalmer/mortician. She had just passed her board exams then COVID hit and screwed everything.

I believe I'll take a #2

This side quest is kinda close to home. My wife was on her way to be an embalmer/mortician. She had just passed her board exams then COVID hit and screwed everything.
Well, hopefully she is/gets back on track.
That's crazy because my daughter is going down that path, too.
She needs a few more credits and an internship I think for the most part of what's left.
We told her that we'd pay for any schooling as long as it involved a STEM field and she could continue to pursue her entertainment/music love.
Apparently had already planned to beforehand. I guess the whole "people are dying to get in" job security.

Attachments

• IMG_4801.jpeg
    IMG_4801.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 14
I miss everyone having those kind of setups. I see some really crazy and rare ones when I go thrifting sometimes. I forgot what the ones I had for years were. I think the cones were white with red caps and all JDM tuner car circa 2000 looking. Good times.

This delay is so badass
View attachment 326607
I don't use many pedals, tbh. Even when I do, they usually have a synth plugged into them :ROFLMAO: I got one of the Tone Samurai pedals (#1 ❤️) off of Wayne, and it works really awesome with letting me use some of them with tube amps that are otherwise a pain without low pass filters. A light touch of the settings works wonders. I should probably try it with a guitar :unsure: Just don't tell him I said that...

The last side quest's prizes were put in those specific chests because I was reading about how people don't pick certain numbers in order to feel/appear more random. It said something like when people choose a number between 1 and 100, numbers that included 3 and 7 were picked the most often. Apparently 1, 2, 5, 10, 50, etc... seems to boring to most. So, I went that route :ROFLMAO:
You know, I thought you might do something like that. In the end I still went with 3 because I'm a sucker for π. That, and I thought "favorite numbers" were well-known enough that you wouldn't use them. Bad guess.

You know, I thought you might do something like that. In the end I still went with 3 because I'm a sucker for π. That, and I thought "favorite numbers" were well-known enough that you wouldn't use them. Bad guess.
I learned all of my tricks from politicians :ROFLMAO:

Edit: also, that was last time. Not saying that's what I'm doing here. Though I'm not saying that's not what I'm doing here.

Back