Cemetery Dates A RT RPG Side Quest

• Thread starter Thread starter NowYou'rePlayingWithPower
  • Start date Start date
@MadAsAHatter I think you dug something up...
Let me know what you're after!

Yeah I always throw a 12ax7 in the at7 because I am a broke bitch that uses what is at hand
I'll put together a few tube set options and you can choose from them. Since it only uses 2 power and 3 preamp, I'll put together a whole set to get you back up and running. Give me a day to sort through and post.

I see I've dug up some NOS tubes, cool! I'm not really in need of anything specific so I have no idea what to choose? Any suggestions?
I can put you together a sample pack of some preamps you can roll or if you need some specific powertubes. I know this is generally a high gain forum, but I do have some 50s blackplates that seem to be all the rage on the tan pants forums. Most of the stuff is medium gain at best, but def have some good balanced stuff for PI and whatnot. Do you need/want anything maybe for that build you were doing? Anything that goes out will be/has been tested and will match/closely match. Unfortunately, I don't have many big bottle quartets that I'm not keeping for myself :ROFLMAO: But def a nice selection of duos.

I can put you together a sample pack of some preamps you can roll or if you need some specific powertubes. I know this is generally a high gain forum, but I do have some 50s blackplates that seem to be all the rage on the tan pants forums. Most of the stuff is medium gain at best, but def have some good balanced stuff for PI and whatnot. Do you need/want anything maybe for that build you were doing? Anything that goes out will be/has been tested and will match/closely match. Unfortunately, I don't have many big bottle quartets that I'm not keeping for myself :ROFLMAO: But def a nice selection of duos.

Yeah. most of my stuff is higher gain, but I do have plans to attempt building some vintage style amps.
Something in the form of a hot-rodded plexi may be next on the list. Maybe a duo of EL34's? This is the kit I'm considering doing.
https://modulusamplification.com/th...-ultimate-hot-rodded-plexi-amp-kit-9234-p.asp

@japetus this is what I have available for 6l6. Also in the pic at the bottom are 2x blackplate 12AX7 and 1x blackplate 12AT7, all 1950s RCA.

20240729_163541.jpg

1. RCA Jan 6L6 (1940s, iirc?)
2. Sylvania 6L6G (First glass 6L6, 1950s, iirc)
3. RCA Blackplate 6L6GB (1950s)
4. RCA Blackplate 6L6GC
5. Ruby 6L6GT-STR
6. Peavey branded 6L6GC (Sylvania?)
7. Groovetubes 6L6GC (Same as above peavey, higher clean headroom)

If you prefer, I can swap the preamps for something a bit spicier.

@MadAsAHatter I will go through the EL34s after dinner and try and get your choices posted tonight.

@japetus I assume you're aware, but just in case, the voltage and power ratings vary across those 6L6 type tubes posted above and they aren't all direct substitutes for each other in that respect.

Back