A certain someone supposedly has a new shop in Cali and looks to be building amps again.....

• Thread starter Thread starter harddriver
  • Start date Start date
so if he could conservatively build 2 amps a week for 1 year,
and sold each amp for $4k,

he could gross $416k annually.
after parts costs ($800 per amp x 104= $83200)=
$332800 net profit, or $6400/week

if he made good on the 15 amps owed,
deduct $60000 from the net-

$272800 profit in year 1. if he hired a tech to assist at $70k/yr he still clears $200k yr 1.

roughly…?

Jesus... I will build custom-voiced Jose circuits from Ceriatone kits if y'all are willing to pay me this kind of coin lol

For $4K? Seriously. I'll do it. Custom iron from Merren or Marstran or Heyboer or MM. I'll use high-quality parts like Beyschlag or PRP resistors and Vishay MKT1813 signal caps, etc. Chassis and blank boards from Ceriatone. Base circuit will be a 50-watt hybrid of the Cameron Atomica and Fortin Meshuggah, both of which are JCM800s with dual gains and Jose mod. Tell me what style of music you play and if you like dark, bright, smooth, raunchy, whatever. And I'll custom voice parts of the circuit to taste. With parts in-hand, I can build one amp per week.

Gimme dat diode clipping moolah

Jesus... I will build custom-voiced Jose circuits from Ceriatone kits if y'all are willing to pay me this kind of coin lol
Seems like a lot at first until you realize you have to pay taxes on that to the tune of approx 30%, then market it, probably give away or sell a few at cost to build interest, plus keep a lawyer on retainer and hire personal security to protect you from all the rig talk guys you've ripped off. You might make 50-75k when it's all done just let me know when you need more money for the prison commissary and I'll put it on your account.

Seriously. I'll do it. Custom iron from Merren or Marstran or Heyboer or MM. I'll use high-quality parts like Beyschlag or PRP resistors and Vishay MKT1813 signal caps, etc. Chassis and blank boards from Ceriatone. Base circuit will be a 50-watt hybrid of the Cameron Atomica and Fortin Meshuggah, both of which are JCM800s with dual gains and Jose mod. Tell me what style of music you play and if you like dark, bright, smooth, raunchy, whatever. And I'll custom voice parts of the circuit to taste. With parts in-hand, I can build one amp per week.

Having seen the attention to detail you take on your builds, if I were in the market, I'd take you up on it.

Seems like a lot at first until you realize you have to pay taxes on that to the tune of approx 30%, then market it, probably give away or sell a few at cost to build interest, plus keep a lawyer on retainer and hire personal security to protect you from all the rig talk guys you've ripped off. You might make 50-75k when it's all done just let me know when you need more money for the prison commissary and I'll put it on your account.

lol I'm basically retired at this point in my life. Another $50K - $75K at the end of the year is plenty to have fun wiring up hair-metal amps before snowboard season.

For $4K? Seriously. I'll do it. Custom iron from Merren or Marstran or Heyboer or MM. I'll use high-quality parts like Beyschlag or PRP resistors and Vishay MKT1813 signal caps, etc. Chassis and blank boards from Ceriatone. Base circuit will be a 50-watt hybrid of the Cameron Atomica and Fortin Meshuggah, both of which are JCM800s with dual gains and Jose mod. Tell me what style of music you play and if you like dark, bright, smooth, raunchy, whatever. And I'll custom voice parts of the circuit to taste. With parts in-hand, I can build one amp per week.

Find a CCM schematic and I’m first in line ! I’m dead serious.

Since I couldn't so much as wire up a damn wall outlet right, after reading this thread I thought about buying up some cheap Twins and pouring colored epoxy all over the circuit board and selling them as amazing dumble clones for 4-5k without doing anything. I bet I could have half the TGP whores gushing over my wares, assuming they ever received their amp. Cameronomics. LOL

Since I couldn't so much as wire up a damn wall outlet right, after reading this thread I thought about buying up some cheap Twins and pouring colored epoxy all over the circuit board and selling them as amazing dumble clones for 4-5k without doing anything. I bet I could have half the TGP whores gushing over my wares, assuming they ever received their amp. Cameronomics. LOL
It wouldn't be the first time...

You deserve it kimg 👑

I had an Atomica modded SLP that was done by Friedman and it sounded and felt to me like 2 actual Cameron Jose modded SLP's I also had at the time when compared. I liked it better than the Cameron Jose 90's donor SLP, but the other Cameron Jose SLP I thought sounded a little better than the Atomica one. The Aldrich and 3 ch Cameron mod I had were different flavors. I didn't get to compare it directly with a Cameron, but this Nick Mutant modded '69 Marshall I tried last year seemed even a little better to me than the Cameron mods I've played (maybe it was the donor amp). I loved the Cameron mods and amps I've had and tried, but I liked some other amps and mods I had (still have) even more, so didn't keep any of them ultimately. Despite all the drama, they're great amps, but imho not to me the very best, but for many years I couldn't find better and they did send packing so many other amps I used to have

Back