Did you know there was a 'TON' of COVID going around this summer???

• Thread starter Thread starter harddriver
  • Start date Start date
I see we have this weekend's hot topic starting to bubble.

Not for me man. I’d rather smash my balls in a car door than argue with someone about covid this close to 2025.

Plus I’m working on some surf music this weekend

Lol

Just because they can be manipulated doesn’t make them inaccurate.
They are accurate and they will tell you if you have the virus in your body.
It detects fragments, can't tell you if you have it, or have had it in the past nor can it tell you how much it you have.

If you trust them, that's on you and your blind faith.

Not for me man. I’d rather smash my balls in a car door than argue with someone about covid this close to 2025.

Plus I’m working on some surf music this weekend
Same, except for the smashing my balls in the car door part, lol. Turned a mediocre last minute gig offer down for a rehearsal tonight instead and some recording tomorrow. I could use the cash but I need to finish the project more than I need the greasy Austin bucks. Good luck on your music this weekend Daniel. Excited to hear any results you share here.

The lab I work at does these tests for COVID. They have 60% accuracy at best. Many false positives and negatives.

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
That's why I work in chemistry. I use the normal front entrance.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
The lab I work at does these tests for COVID. They have 60% accuracy at best. Many false positives and negatives.

If what Geo is saying and there is no baseline for covid, and there isn’t an accurate test for covid, how it is decided that it is a false positive or negative?
What are you comparing the results to to deem them false?

If what Geo is saying and there is no baseline for covid, and there isn’t an accurate test for covid, how it is decided that it is a false positive or negative?
Good question, from what I understand it's a digital I.D. of some sort.

Good question, from what I understand it's a digital I.D. of some sort.
If there is a way to reliably ID a false positive, there is a way to reliably test for covid

Accuracy is tested against controls of known positive and negative QC samples.

For patient (unknown) samples you go with the result of the test and hope it was correct. Patient ID's and results are tracked to know if a recollect/retest was submitted, how long since the last test, etc. All this data goes to the CDC as well.

And Geo is correct in that there's no way to measure the viral load. The test is qualitative not quantative meaning you get a yes/no answer not a number.

Last edited:
And Geo is correct in that there's no way to measure the viral load. The test is qualitative not quantative meaning you get a yes/no answer not a number.

This I understand.
But to say there isn’t real test for covid is rubbish.

Back