Did you know there was a 'TON' of COVID going around this summer???

• Thread starter Thread starter harddriver
  • Start date Start date
I mean, who TF gets their panties in a twist over people posting guitar playing clips on a fuckn guitar forum ?

giphy.gif
They get their panties twisted about everything except rainbows and unicorns.

They get their panties twisted about everything except rainbows and unicorns.
You're not wrong.. It's like no one on these sites is even tryin to fuckn play.

It's all kiddie games and gay shit - 24/7/365

giphy.gif

PCR testing that has been established for other pathogens has a much higher accuracy. So yes, in general PCR testing doesn't have that low of accuracy. PCR for COVID is a different story all together. Testing procedures were haphazardly thrown together by the CDC and/or other agencies with no updates to methodology since first being rolled out.

I've witnessed everything first hand. My wife is part of the process for those samples. She does sample accessioning and some pretest sample prep. My coworkers who run patient samples along with routine quality control samples continue to confirm the low accuracy rate. QA and management confirm these results.

My section is setting up a COVID wastewater lab. Since it's wastewater it falls under environmental. It uses basically the same PCR test; just slightly modified for wastewater instead of human samples. The lab is part of phase 2 of a pilot program being rolled out by the fed. gov't. We get to see phase 1 data and it's no better than what the clinical lab is producing. Our preliminary data is on par with that too. Our asst. lab director called it "the wild west of testing" meaning procedures and results are all over the place.

This is all internal. What lab leadership, State, and Federal agencies have released to the public is a completely different story. You can continue believing what you want, but I'll go with my first hand experience with it.
I’m sure you’ve seen the “debunked” claims, but Kerry Mullis didn’t believe the PCR is a diagnostic tool, or should be the primary diagnostic tool. I would think the use of PCR in testing wastewater could be a reasonable application though.

I’m still not clear what the PCR is calibrated to. What is the reference standard for the test?

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
You're not wrong.. It's like no one on these sites is even tryin to fuckn play.

It's all kiddie games and gay shit - 24/7/365

giphy.gif
There are several 1,000+ post threads there dedicated just to posting clips. You just couldn’t help being a prick and had to post them in the one single thread someone asked you not to lol

There are several 1,000+ post threads there dedicated just to posting clips. You just couldn’t help being a prick and had to post them in the one single thread someone asked you not to lol
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
I think TGP would suit you better bro.

Back