Let's Just Put This Right Out There And Talk About It..

• Thread starter Thread starter Ben Waylin
  • Start date Start date
Ben Waylin
Ben Waylin
Banned
WTF is this ?

9XIwhZY.jpg

tXkJJpN.jpg

I think people forget a big part of Ed's sound in the early days, 25% at least was he removed the tolex from his cabs. Quote - they breath more and let the sound of the wood come through. Just really surprised that those that analyze his tone so much haven't spent time ripping the tolex off their cabs.

I think people forget a big part of Ed's sound in the early days, 25% at least was he removed the tolex from his cabs. Quote - they breath more and let the sound of the wood come through. Just really surprised that those that analyze his tone so much haven't spent time ripping the tolex off their cabs.
:ROFLMAO:

The real reason those cabs were stripped of tolex™ is because they were stolen.

the boombox is being used as a preamp and tape delay. it's what actually makes the brown sound. :D

Is think I see that wireless unit that is supposed to boost in the back, so what was actually boosting? Or was it both? And we still don’t know what tape was on the boombox, was it high bias or some bullshit?

• Haha
Reactions: rsm

Notice there is a rip only in the left top corner on the back of the head, I really gotta believe if Eddie though that rip would sound better on the bottom left corner, the fucking left corner would have the gash

HNNGGG EVH, I just WISH I could unlock that MAGIC from 45 years ago...ohhh that CHEW, THAT CHIRP, THAT SIZZLE GOD I AM SO HARD RIGHT NOW. That's when tones were tones and men were real men. I wish Eddie would manhandle me, it's 5150 time when I leave my wife and kids to be with Eddie in heaven, see you all on the other side yeeeahhhhhhh

HNNGGG EVH, I just WISH I could unlock that MAGIC from 45 years ago...ohhh that CHEW, THAT CHIRP, THAT SIZZLE GOD I AM SO HARD RIGHT NOW. That's when tones were tones and men were real men. I wish Eddie would manhandle me, it's 5150 time when I leave my wife and kids to be with Eddie in heaven, see you all on the other side yeeeahhhhhhh
This reminds me of the time I started a Ted Nugent thread on teh TGP.

:unsure:

The moderators over there all got their panties in a twist.

I spy a 1/2 eaten Sammie- Wonder if Ed burps from the Ginger Ale into the mic while singing like I do; onions and pickles. Also a pack of Winston or Marlboro? behind the head- thats the post meal smoke. And most important for the TOAN is that fucking tricorder located between the two cabs.
(I'll give this an 8th of a real post)

At least half of the people posting itt are people that complain about too many EVH threads. Just sayin.

back in the late 60s many guitarists, especially those fond of LSD and sharing their own thoughts and opinions, thought the finish on their guitars was negatively impacting their guitar tones, so they stripped them down to bare wood.

I came face to face with John's... - Buskin with The Beatles ...

Winston or Marlboro?

I’d guess the slight variation in tone song to song could have been attributed to this, the tone is just a little spongier in a Winston filled room than Marb reds which have crisper highs

Back