1982 JCM 800

• Thread starter Thread starter BIGKAHUNA
  • Start date Start date
One additional use is the PS as a slave amp with a W/D/W setup, which is easily and by FAR the best way to run effects. Best tone, hands down. However, it IS more gear to lug around as you'll need an additional cab.
I had a PS briefly but as I already had a great WDW setup, I didn't need it for that. As an attenuator I didn't care for it, my cheap Pulse non reactive attenuator sounded better to me...and, in the end, I rarely use the attenuator at all.
The PS2 is an invaluable tool to have.

You wont regret having one

Well it arrived safe and packed very well. Appropriately sized sturdy box, the amp was triple wrapped with bubble wrap and there was Styrofoam panels on all sides. Exactly as pictured and described...was able to sneak away from work for a few minutes and test drive it and....wow...sounds and feels amazing. Can't wait to get a few hours with it. Thanks to all - bucket list amp is now in the stable. It's a keeper for sure.

Well it arrived safe and packed very well. Appropriately sized sturdy box, the amp was triple wrapped with bubble wrap and there was Styrofoam panels on all sides. Exactly as pictured and described...was able to sneak away from work for a few minutes and test drive it and....wow...sounds and feels amazing. Can't wait to get a few hours with it. Thanks to all - bucket list amp is now in the stable. It's a keeper for sure.
Congrats

The PS2 is an invaluable tool to have.

You wont regret having one
Definitely going to get either the PS2 or the PS 100. PS2 is probably all I'd need, and they are cheaper. Like the fact that in addition to the attenuation aspect the give you a quality FX loop without mod'ing the amp.

Definitely going to get either the PS2 or the PS 100. PS2 is probably all I'd need, and they are cheaper. Like the fact that in addition to the attenuation aspect the give you a quality FX loop without mod'ing the amp.
The PS100 gives you the ability to switch channels on the ps and well as toggle on and off the fx loop BUT has 1 speaker output (odd but whatever). The PS2 has single channel. No footswitch BIT it does have 2 speaker outputs. That’s huge in its own way (Ie 2 theile cabs for WDW)

Yeah that’s what I have. Other than the 50 vs 100 watt difference of output, the main advantage of the ps100 is that it has a foot switchable fx loop but I’m fine without that.

Congrats! I'm glad it all worked out for you and the amp arrived safe and sound.

This it...
Very nice and clean amp, congrats!

On a note: having those big screen resistor on the output sockets indicates, that you may have a model with a high voltage PT. Jason from headfirst recommends lowering the voltage in the preamp section only to get it to 2203 specs. He made a video about this topic (min 19:10)

Back