2 Ch Recto G’s Being Hoarded?

• Thread starter Thread starter skoora
  • Start date Start date
skoora
skoora
They made 1000’s and you used to be able to swing a dead cat and hit one for sale somewhere. What gives? Do people think they’ve become investments and are hoarding them or something? I’m not even hot to get one but thought it might be fun trying some of the revision mods on one.

They made 1000’s and you used to be able to swing a dead cat and hit one for sale somewhere. What gives? Do people think they’ve become investments and are hoarding them or something? I’m not even hot to get one but thought it might be fun trying some of the revision mods on one.

There's a few up on Reverb and a Ground Zero modded one (looks close to you).
They're all around $3k. Not sure what a good price is, though.
The last amp I bought is now more than twice the price I paid when new.
Too many rabbit holes for me to go down trying to figure out what's what anymore.

There's a few up on Reverb and a Ground Zero modded one (looks close to you).
They're all around $3k. Not sure what a good price is, though.
The last amp I bought is now more than twice the price I paid when new.
Too many rabbit holes for me to go down trying to figure out what's what anymore.
Just realized my last search was for Triples so I missed those. But who in their right fucking mind is paying that kind of money for a 2 Channel G?
Kind of surprised Ceriatone never did a recto amp now that OG’s have gone way up…or have they?

I still don’t even know what difference is between all the revisions, I kind of doubt the average player has any clue, it used to just be “the old two channel ones” that were good amongst my non forum reading friends
YouTube is the reason the price on them and desire for them launched.

A rev g I’d expect someone to ask 1800 or so. Rev fs and earlier though get up there. 3k usually and more expensive from there. The last rev c I saw that actually sold was 6k.

Well apparently I can’t pm all of a sudden.
If you can send me a pm I have one.

I’m done buying older amps . This shit is hilarious . Old does not mean better or jack up the price because now it’s old .
Man, I am old enough that when I was playing in punk and hardcore bands, Rev G's (along with 5150's and every iteration of 2203/2204) were a dime a dozen. Everybody played one, because if you were a touring musician, they were decent amps that were reliable and you could afford one.

They weren't magical amps. Even back then, lots of guys used boosts, eq's or both (I used both) to get them to do what they wanted.

I am going to both roll my eyes and chuckle when in a few years, Rev G's are selling for stupid money and we are seeing them hyped up online as "super special, magical feeling and responding amps, with a unique harmonic balance and quality you will never find in ____insert new amp here".

Man, I am old enough that when I was playing in punk and hardcore bands, Rev G's (along with 5150's and every iteration of 2203/2204) were a dime a dozen. Everybody played one, because if you were a touring musician, they were decent amps that were reliable and you could afford one.

They weren't magical amps. Even back then, lots of guys used boosts, eq's or both (I used both) to get them to do what they wanted.

I am going to both roll my eyes and chuckle when in a few years, Rev G's are selling for stupid money and we are seeing them hyped up online as "super special, magical feeling and responding amps, with a unique harmonic balance and quality you will never find in ____insert new amp here".
Ya . It’s so laughable . Good amps . But this shits out of hand .
The only amp I seriously might get that’s old is like a 60s or early 70s super lead .

Ya . It’s so laughable . Good amps . But this shits out of hand .
The only amp I seriously might get that’s old is like a 60s or early 70s super lead .
My old man still has an early 70's Superlead and it is an absolute monster of an amp.

I am very certain you would really love and appreciate what it could do: clear, punchy and those old Marshall mids just get fatter and fatter as you up the volume while still keeping that kerrang.

I love playing it without a boost.....but it turns into the devil with a boost (or two) in front.

They are being hoarded more because that's how trends work. And the randall Smith era bullshit is being pumped like the covid vaccines were to any dumbass who would believe it.

🤏🤏🤏

Back